The having (or thinking you have) Covid-19 thread (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for a good idea from @Joe OKC - this thread is for genuine discussion about Covid-19, the disease caused by an infection of SARS-CoV-2 ("the coronavirus").

The broad-scale, public health issues are on the main thread, and it moves fast. As Covid-19 gets more widespread, this thread is for discussing (1) having it, (2) having symptoms and concern about having it, (3) a family member or one in your close circle has it, (4) information and discussion about issues associated directly with individuals having and coping with Covid-19.

Pulling this out into a separate thread will give it the attention it deserves. It's likely that this is going to start to get very close to home for some of us, so whether it be for comfort, support, venting, or the sharing of helpful information, the thread is to work through it.

Last edited:
I'd like to ask that this thread be used for those of use that have this (or suspect that we do) use it for how we are progressing.

I cannot verify that I have Covid-19... But I got something...

But since Monday I have had a bad sore throat... This is day 5 for me... A light fever has kicked in since yesterday.. it's up to about 100.1 now. Throat is very sore. Cough is not too bad Sometime dry, sometimes coughing up phlegm. ... Breathing is ok at this time.. But I do have occasional lung pain every now and then.

I'll keep updating regularly... I hope that others will join in so we can follow this progression and have a little hope.

Edit- I am thankful I got a bunch of gatorade.

Last edited:
Is this specifically for tested positives?

this thread is for discussing (1) having it, (2) having symptoms and concern about having it, (3) a family member or one in your close circle has it, (4) information and discussion about issues associated directly with individuals having and coping with Covid-19.

:9:

I'd like to ask that this thread be used for those of use that have this (or suspect that we do) use it for how we are progressing.

But since Monday I have had a bad sore throat... This is day 5 for me... A light fever has kicked in since yesterday.. it's up to about 100.1 now. Throat is very sore. Cough is not too bad Sometime dry, sometimes coughing up phlegm. ... Breathing is ok at this time.. But I do have occasional lung pain every now and then.

I'll keep updating regularly... I hope that others will join in so we can follow this progression and have a little hope.

Get some rest and get better joe

Edit- I am thankful I got a bunch of gatorade.

FWIW, sore throat isn’t often listed as a primary symptom - but who knows.

FWIW, sore throat isn’t often listed as a primary symptom - but who knows.

Not trying to argue.. The other thread someone else said it began with a sore throat... But hey, I'll take it...

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment.

@ktulu909 . How are you?

Sunday the 14th I woke up with a "tight chest" and an occasional cough that was pretty damn dry. No other symptoms though, but I felt that Lung capacity was slightly diminished with zero other symptoms.

Went to work Monday, did fine, other than slightly nagging cough and some sinus issues that cleared up after I took Claritin.

Tuesday, same, was off work, did household stuff no issues, just irritating cough.

Weds, went to work, chest felt exactly the same, but felt a little drained and certain normal tasks took a little bit more effort. Work was slow, so I left early to get a little rest. No fever, no other symptoms.

Thursday, chest felt the same, another short day, 6 hour shift, came home and took a nap as I always do and awoke feeling just a tiny bit off. Took temp and it was 100.0. Decided to call west Jeff testing hotline and described everything to them and was told I wasnt eligible and to stay home until I ran no fever at all for 3 consecutive days without the help of Tylenol. Called Boss and explained. He understands and said to stay home (I have no sick pay BTW)

Today, feeling a little run down, chest is still the same, slight diminished capacity, slightly more nagging cough, but not coughing uncontrolled, and temp bouncing around between normal 98.6 to 100.2 with no Tylenol.

Frustrated. Just want to know if I have it or not.

Adding, I generally vape roughly 8-10ml a day. Since Sunday I've vaped less than 5ml combined all days.

So here I sit. Without being layed off. With no sick or vacation pay, wondering if I'll even be eligible for any assistance because I'm neither unemployed or positive confirmed. I do have medical insurance.

Not trying to argue.. The other thread someone else said it began with a sore throat... But hey, I'll take it...

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment.

@ktulu909 . How are you?

It’s on some lists for sure - who knows, it can present in different ways apparently. I just meant that sore throat doesn’t seem to be a primary symptom and yours sounds intense. But hard to say, need to test be sure (strep is a quick test at any urgent care - even if getting tested for the virus isn’t accessible).

Today, feeling a little run down, chest is still the same, slight diminished capacity, slightly more nagging cough, but not coughing uncontrolled, and temp bouncing around between normal 98.6 to 100.2 with no Tylenol.

That's it Exactly.. Same with the cough and My temp is doing the same thing. going from 99.5 to 100.7. Staying about 100. something...

I am not taking any medications at this time. But I also have persistent lower abdominal cramps.

Sunday the 14th I woke up with a "tight chest" and an occasional cough that was pretty damn dry. No other symptoms though, but I felt that Lung capacity was slightly diminished with zero other symptoms.

Went to work Monday, did fine, other than slightly nagging cough and some sinus issues that cleared up after I took Claritin.

Tuesday, same, was off work, did household stuff no issues, just irritating cough.

Weds, went to work, chest felt exactly the same, but felt a little drained and certain normal tasks took a little bit more effort. Work was slow, so I left early to get a little rest. No fever, no other symptoms.

Thursday, chest felt the same, another short day, 6 hour shift, came home and took a nap as I always do and awoke feeling just a tiny bit off. Took temp and it was 100.0. Decided to call west Jeff testing hotline and described everything to them and was told I wasnt eligible and to stay home until I ran no fever at all for 3 consecutive days without the help of Tylenol. Called Boss and explained. He understands and said to stay home (I have no sick pay BTW)

Frustrated. Just want to know if I have it or not.

Adding, I generally vape roughly 8-10ml a day. Since Sunday I've vaped less than 5ml combined all days.

So here I sit. Without being layed off. With no sick or vacation pay, wondering if I'll even be eligible for any assistance because I'm neither unemployed or positive confirmed. I do have medical insurance.

Sounds like a lower respitory thing. Fever for covid seems to be over 100.

I had same last week. But I suffer from allergies bad. 2 weeks ago after a small front came thru I woke w sore throat. Thats my canary. Soon as it goes away (day later) my nose was runny and clogged. 3 days of Allegra D and Sunday the 7rh felt in chest. Not terribly tight but productive. That lasted thru the nest Sat.
Concerned me enough to teledoc my doc. Said if I have low grade/no spike fever (up to 103) he said it's not covid. Said keep eye on. Usually they give me some antibiotics and prednisone but he said I'm gonna let your body fight off because if I give you antibiotics it will actually lower immune system.
So still with stuffed nose. Chest issue gone.

So sounds like you have seasonal crap.

Again my doc specifically said fever will spike with covid. But I'm sure everyone different.

I wouldn't stress man.

Sounds like a lower respitory thing. Fever for covid seems to be over 100.

I had same last week. But I suffer from allergies bad. 2 weeks ago after a small front came thru I woke w sore throat. Thats my canary. Soon as it goes away (day later) my nose was runny and clogged. 3 days of Allegra D and Sunday the 7rh felt in chest. Not terribly tight but productive. That lasted thru the nest Sat.
Concerned me enough to teledoc my doc. Said if I have low grade/no spike fever (up to 103) he said it's not covid. Said keep eye on. Usually they give me some antibiotics and prednisone but he said I'm gonna let your body fight off because if I give you antibiotics it will actually lower immune system.
So still with stuffed nose. Chest issue gone.

So sounds like you have seasonal crap.

Again my doc specifically said fever will spike with covid. But I'm sure everyone different.

I wouldn't stress man.
Only thing that throws a red flag is that I'm pounding mucinex and normally when it's just uri, that breaks it up to some degree. This ain't moving, it's rock solid.

I work at a plant, I'm the warehouse supervisor (for 2 plants)
I get an email from a vendor last night that one of their drivers tested positive on Wednesday. He made deliveries to both our plants (among other plants) Monday and Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure a few times last week.
No one actually came into physical contact with him, but they did sign his paperwork and he came into the office. I have 4 people at each location. 3 of them on each side work in the same office. Here it is on Saturday, and the company I work for (contractor) still has not heard back from the plant management. I am not sure how it's going to be handled. the only thing they have mentioned (when this first started) about positive case contact is to self quarantine for 14 days, but they did not specify what contact is. Now all my guys are in limbo on if they are able to come to work on Monday or not.. I had very little interaction with my guys the 2 days I was there this week(I am working from home 3 days a week), but door knobs and paperwork may have me in hot water with this....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom