The having (or thinking you have) Covid-19 thread (1 Viewer)

I'd like to ask that this thread be used for those of use that have this (or suspect that we do) use it for how we are progressing.

I cannot verify that I have Covid-19... But I got something...

But since Monday I have had a bad sore throat... This is day 5 for me... A light fever has kicked in since yesterday.. it's up to about 100.1 now. Throat is very sore. Cough is not too bad Sometime dry, sometimes coughing up phlegm. ... Breathing is ok at this time.. But I do have occasional lung pain every now and then.

I'll keep updating regularly... I hope that others will join in so we can follow this progression and have a little hope.

Edit- I am thankful I got a bunch of gatorade.
I had these same exact symptoms in late February, nothing helped the sore throat and it was severe, never had a sore throat that bad. Never went to the doctor, wondered if it was Coronavirus

Is it just me or has anyone "felt" like they've got a fever more often lately? I swear I've used a thermometer more in the last few weeks than I have in the last few years, but I'm always at or below 98.6. I know it's all in my head, which I'm guessing is normal in times like this?

Yes,but I have actually had low fever on and off the last 7 days or so.Nothing super notable though,it peaked right under 101 like 5 days ago,most days between 99.5 and 100. Im on day 2 with no fever.

Is it just me or has anyone "felt" like they've got a fever more often lately? I swear I've used a thermometer more in the last few weeks than I have in the last few years, but I'm always at or below 98.6. I know it's all in my head, which I'm guessing is normal in times like this?

Dude in the beginning of all this... No less than 10 times a day.
Brought on by anxiety. Would be sitting in office, reading EE, and all of a sudden I would feel hot.
Get home and immediately take temp. Work outside in yard in sun, come in take temp, and a bit elevated and be like whoa.
My anxiety has leveled off now and I'm not nearly taking temp as often. But I still catch myself wanting to.

My visits to the doctor consistently register in the 97 range. There was an article not too long ago that based on increased human size and longevity, the average normal human temp is actually less than 98.6.

A week ago i felt “off” and took my temp to see with the fancy forehead thermometer. It registered at 100. Then i used my trusty under the tongue thermometer and it was 99.6

Two hours later i tried the forehead again and back to normal at 98. Tongue thermometer too read around the same.

My toddler a couple of days ago felt warm and I took his temp. It was exactly 100. I didn’t give him meds at all and it went down to mid 98 degrees a couple of hours later.

Last edited:
That's it Exactly.. Same with the cough and My temp is doing the same thing. going from 99.5 to 100.7. Staying about 100. something...

I am not taking any medications at this time. But I also have persistent lower abdominal cramps.
I hope you're feeling better!

For reference, anything below 100.4 is considered a low-grade fever. 100.4 and above is significant.

Just an update.. I am fine... The sore throat finally went away...

I don't know what I had, nor will I ever know.. But it is definitely a rough time to catch anything..

Thank you everyone for your concern...

I'd really be interested in this. I've social distanced but have at least three coworkers in close contact prior to work from home I question. One was in New Orleans for a wedding during the time it would have been running undetected and rampant. The other two refused to social distance going as far as to brag about how great it was too be out and about. Looking to buy cheap tickets and one even went on a cruise during the time things were questionable.

I first started with a sore throat and went to the clinic for it. Tested for strep and was positive so z pack. In the waiting area, I tried to distance but a woman was there coughing profusely and not really covering. The z pack did nothing for my throat so two days after I went to a walk-in clinic in mid City BR. Others there were sort of away, but they had kids which they left to run wild. Distance was not kept. One even took off her shoes and rubbed her feet. Mind you check in was via an iPad which was not cleaned between users.

While in the room, I could hear several bad coughs in other rooms and over heard them sending at least one for x-ray to determine the extent of his pneumonia.

The Dr who was just examining, did at least use the hand sanitizer, but was not extremely vigilant or enthusiastic about it. No mask was worn. Diagnosis was strep still there. I took a deep breath and headed out using the sanitizer on the way.

The ten day three times a day antibiotics, didn't cure my throat soreness until the last couple days when it got reduced to just scratchy. Regular temp checks through the whole time never got over 98.8, but I normally run 96.7. a few days after the new antibiotics my throat felt like it was closing up. No phlegm or serious cough, but some sinus runny. One morning I woke with severe pain right behind my eyes which radiated into the eyes big time. Sense of taste and smell were totally whacked. I just suffered the pain because I didn't want to preemptively lower my temp and kept on testing. Never really elevated.

Fatigue set in. I was getting great sleep, but simply couldn't find a way to stay awake or do anything needing exertion. That lasted the final four days of the antibiotics. My stomach is feeling rather odd. No severe diarrhea, but feeling full even when I haven't eaten. No real desire to eat either, but forced myself. This is very likely at least in part due to the antibiotics.

Drinking plenty of water throughout the whole situation, but it's unlike anything I've even felt before. I seriously wonder if I caught it. BTW, I did get zicam and used it throughout. It seemed to keep the cough at bay. I also used a saline sinus wash not wanting to get any crud built up in there forcing another Dr trip.

This has been a few weeks now and starting to return to normal. Still have the odd full stomach but appetite is returning even if I have no idea what I want. Just chugging water, gobbling fruits and veggies, scarfing multivitamins, and taking Valium to not freak out. FWIW, eating a low fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet mostly devoid of animal products. Not avoiding then completely but wanting to save up my stock for later should this last longer than anticipated.

There was a few days with pressure in the chest but nothing too concerning. I really wonder if I'm one of the lucky ones who barely knows they got it. Could just be the side effect of strep, but I've had that before and it never lingered or presented with these other symptoms.
This is identical to what my partner had. She was finally tested this past Monday at a drive thru and got the results back yesterday. She was negative, although they did say that it could have already passed through. We were convinced she had it because of the symptoms and length you just described. This is day 15 and today she feels a lot better but with still a stomach feeling issue, slight cough, more at night or late afternoon and her energy is almost normal now. The test to show antibodies will help a lot but as of right now, we don't her sickness was corona. Glad you are on the tail end of it too

Dude in the beginning of all this... No less than 10 times a day.
Brought on by anxiety. Would be sitting in office, reading EE, and all of a sudden I would feel hot.
Get home and immediately take temp. Work outside in yard in sun, come in take temp, and a bit elevated and be like whoa.
My anxiety has leveled off now and I'm not nearly taking temp as often. But I still catch myself wanting to.
Just don't take a temp after a shower you'll freak yourself out!...that's what a friend told me.

Just don't take a temp after a shower you'll freak yourself out!...that's what a friend told me.
Did that with my in ear thermometer Lmao. Showed 103.4 took me about 5 seconds to realize I felt fine and I was literally just in the shower.
It's advisable that you don't take your blood pressure reading right out the shower either. ;)

My 78 year old mother has been exposed (I assume). This hasn't hit the news yet, so I'll just say that the assisted living center she lives in is in Kenner. The facility was very diligent and I don't think that there were any possible precautions that they didn't take, so no blame from me.

Since the local 1st case, they restricted visitors to essential health care providers. Staff were screened upon entering every day. But about a week ago 2 residents were taken to the hospital. Since then all residents were on total lockdown in their rooms, with staff delivering all meals to their rooms.

One man died of non-virus causes (he was in his 90s. The other man's room (with his wife) is directly next door to my Mother's. Yesterday the head of the facility informed everyone that he has tested positive for COVID-19.

I won't say his name yet since it is not public knowledge yet, but it is a name every member of this forum and most of Louisiana will recognize.

Naturally I am worried about another retirement home cluster in general, and my Mother in particular.

OK, since Bobby confirmed it in public, I was talking about Bobby Hebert Sr. I was hopeful because after the original positive diagnosis the next day the facility director came back and told all of the residents that he had in fact tested negative. But now Bobby has confirmed a positive result. Now I don't know what to believe. Mom shares a wall with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom