The Hidden Treasure of Forrest Fenn (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score
Just came across this story recently. Apparently a couple of decades ago, a multi-millionaire, told he had an uphill battle to beat his cancer diagnosis, trekked into the Rocky Mountains and hid a treasure chest what’s contents are valued at $2,000,000.

Naturally, it’s sparked a modern day treasure hunt enthralling the poor, the rich, adventurers, people bored with their lives, and thrill seekers. It’s agreed that 10x the money held within the chest has been spent collectively by those trying to ascertain its location.

Here is a link providing a snapshot of the story.

I honestly wonder if he really did this. Hundreds of thousands of people have looked for it and he swore it wasn't hidden - in plain sight without needing to dig or lift anything. I think this is a big hoax he did for laughs (or maybe even just for his stated goal of getting people outdoors).

And once he's dead, someone could find it and say nothing and no one would ever know if it's found or not.

I honestly wonder if he really did this. Hundreds of thousands of people have looked for it and he swore it wasn't hidden - in plain sight without needing to dig or lift anything. I think this is a big hoax he did for laughs (or maybe even just for his stated goal of getting people outdoors).

And once he's dead, someone could find it and say nothing and no one would ever know if it's found or not.
He’d have to be a cold heartless soul of a man knowing people are wasting their savings away and even dying from the hunt.

Then again, the more I become aware of people, the more I realize the amount of people who are cold and heartless.

I was really into this a few years ago, pouring over maps and reading a lot about it, but I figured I'd never make it up that way anyway, so I kind of forgot about it. He says some people have gotten close, but no one has reportedly found it. I for one believe it's there, or was there at least.

I was really into this a few years ago, pouring over maps and reading a lot about it, but I figured I'd never make it up that way anyway, so I kind of forgot about it. He says some people have gotten close, but no one has reportedly found it. I for one believe it's there, or was there at least.
I understand why he hasn’t trekked back out to find it to make sure it’s there, but I sure wish there was some way for him to make sure. It sure would save a lot of people time money and effort if it’s already gone.

This also reminds me of the book Ready Player One. Almost identical story really.

He’d have to be a cold heartless soul of a man knowing people are wasting their savings away and even dying from the hunt.

Then again, the more I become aware of people, the more I realize the amount of people who are cold and heartless.

Meh. I am just a massive server farm of useless trivia and love obscure comments and humor.

Which you did not seem to have any trouble recognizing, I might add.

Josh Gates did an Expedition Unknown show on this a couple years ago. Very interesting.

Sounds ripe for a show on the History Channel much like Oak Island and Civil War Gold. I'd watch.

We had a thread on this once.

Meh. People are greedy. And stupid.

After Fargo came out, stupid greedy people actually looked for the briefcase-full-'o-cash buried in the snow because the movie's intro claimed it was based on a true story...which it wasn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom