The Highlight of the Night (1 Viewer)

First jersey I ever got was Jerry Fontenot. Still remember the speed at which that big man got out and absolutely blew up some poor DB downfield on a screen pass. I had no clue big men could move that fast. Oddly enough, what team were they playing when I first recall Fontenot blowing up a DB downfiled?....Green Bay.

I love Kamara, but McCoy stole my heart.

Not trying to discredit McCoy, it's a great effort play by him, but imo the phenomenal play there is still Kamara.

Pretty much every other running back either completely outruns the block, or gets right on the o-lineman's hip, but Kamara has a level of patience very few running backs in history have had. By slowing down and allowing McCoy to get well out in front, it meant the next 2 players couldn't get clean hits and Kamara had space to maintain balance.

Ruiz has looked pretty good so far, and obviously McCoy was a steal in last year's draft. I'm still interested in that quote from Payton in the offseason about how if they could put Ruiz at center with McCoy at guard then they're really great. I know that offensive linemen take the longest to develop, but both McCoy and Ruiz have seemed ready right out the gate. Makes me wonder if they are going to put Ruiz at center and move McCoy to guard once Ruiz is comfortable.

AK 41 needs to stop slowing down at the goal line and just stepping in.... I was scared to death he was going to get hurt right at the end

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom