The Horror Thread (1 Viewer)

cpg

Catacomb the desert
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some time back there was a thread dedicated to horror films on the EE. It never gained much sustained momentum, as I recall. So, I thought maybe we could reboot it and add in TV shows, art, culture or anything else that might appeal to the horror nerds like myself.

I also wanted to post about the Overlook Film Festival which is taking place again in New Orleans this year, June 2-5. I'd like to try to go, and was wondering if anyone had been previously and might want to share any tips, or films they might be looking forward to.

www.overlookfilmfest.com

Please share anything you've seen recently or are looking forward to releasing in the future!

Last edited:

Here are a couple that are in theaters or VOD right now. Just waiting for the price to come down a bit before watching You Won't Be Alone.

Imo Psycho by Hitchcock is the standard for all horror films. The only one that gave me chills was the Evil Dead when
seeing it at a theatre

Opening this weekend is this remake. Director Keith Thomas did the fantastic 2019 film The Vigil. Blumhouse is usually pretty hit or miss, but with Thomas at the helm I’m excited.

Men is newest movie from the Alex Garland. His recent offerings Ex Machina, Annihilation and the excellent FX miniseries Devs have cemented his spot as one of the best filmmakers in the Sci-Fi/Horror realm. The inclusion of actress Jessie Buckley and the backing of A24 studios have made this an absolute can’t miss for me. It opens May 20th.

8915b6c5c78eabf2724303d5406b94ea2af5d2c3.jpg

Too soon?

wait what did you do to zeetes?
why isn't he going on and on and on and on and on about Midsommar?
I loved Midsommar and I appreciate that it helped spark a revitalization of the folk horror genre. That said, there have been about 10 from that genre in the last few years I enjoyed a bit more.

But I’m definitely excited for Ari Aster’s next project Disappointment Blvd. with Joaquin Phoenix, the criminally underrated Amy Ryan, Nathan Lane and Parker Posey!

Last one I’ll add for now. David Cronenberg is an absolute legend, and with his son recently entering the family business with the mind-bending Possessor a couple of years ago, I’m even more interested to see this.

I’m not sure if this counts, but I love Tales From the Crypt. I also love The Night Gallery from the 60’s
Hell yes, it does! I had really high hopes for the reboot of Twilight Zone, but found it a bit lacking.

I loved Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt and Monsters. I really wish someone could do a great weekly anthology horror series again.

My favorite genre.

Eat some popcorn, cover your eyes, and shart yourself. Love it.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
Hell yes, it does! I had really high hopes for the reboot of Twilight Zone, but found it a bit lacking.

I loved Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt and Monsters. I really wish someone could do a great weekly anthology horror series again.
I like Tales from the Dark Side as well.
I’m watching the Kilchak Night Stalker tv series now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom