The Horror Thread (2 Viewers)

Official Trailer dropped today. While I have my expectations set very low, the trailer makes it look like it'll be worth a watch in the theater.

I feel like they’ve shown too much in the trailer, but I will be seeing it.

It did. They didn't want to open the same weekend as the Taylor Swift concert movie. Probably a good idea.
Ah, I see. Which my local theater WILL be showing, not so much the Exorcist (they tend to stay as family friendly as they can). Look, I've seen some footage of her concert and while it IS quite the production, I'm not a Swifty so I don't want to see a whole movie. Guess I'll have to travel so that I can pass out in the theater from fright while watching The Exorcist.

I feel like they’ve shown too much in the trailer, but I will be seeing it.
I have gotten to the point where I HATE watching trailers, I will pick a movie out to watch and my wife will be "what's it about"? Im like well the description was yada, yada, yada; "can we watch the trailer"; NO.

I have gotten to the point where I HATE watching trailers, I will pick a movie out to watch and my wife will be "what's it about"? Im like well the description was yada, yada, yada; "can we watch the trailer"; NO.
"In a world ..... "

I've been meaning to update this thread for a bit! Talk to Me was great and Daughter is one that I really liked, but I think it's not really a true horror film. I also liked The Last Voyage of the Demeter but I am a nerd for Dracula so please don't take my word for it.

I'm going to try to do the 31 nights of Halloween challenge this year. It's basically just a different horror film every night in the month of October. I did it back in 2020 and I found myself watching and enjoying things I would probably not have even given a second look. I'm going to start making the schedule for the first couple of weeks soon. It might be fun if a few people give it a go! (And obviously, 31 consecutive nights is a lot, so hopefully people will participate even if you can't commit that kind of energy).

It Lives Inside is a new movie from the producers of Get Out. Notably, Jordan Peele is not one of the producers. However, the marketing for the movie seems to position itself as a similarly themed entry to the genre. Unfortunately for the filmmakers and the consumers, it is definitely not of that caliber. This is not to say that it is a bad movie, per se, just that painting some level of cultural assimilation as the boogieman is tired by now. This iteration of that trope follows a Hindi-Indian family whose teenage daughter is desperate to shrug free of the cultural ties that bind. Without really much explanation as to why, this really pisses off a Hindi demon called a Pishach who is now stalking the daughter before it devours her soul.

Again, it's not that this is a bad movie, just a predictable one. And one in which the plot could be copy/pasted to fit any ethnic minority walking the tightrope of assimilation while maintaining cultural traditions. The script doesn't give the talent much to work with, but some gifted actors, namely Megan Suri (Missing), manage to create a fun, if ultimately derivative atmosphere. The effects and the creature itself are all fine. If you absolutely can't find anything else to watch and don't mind a re-tread story, this is fine. I think that's about the best endorsement I can give.

Picked up creepshow season 1 last Saturday. Pain gain hit and long run phonys blocking the door as the tree burns very bad boys indeed.all that bait all those greedy suckers and the ghosts. Double crossing inside job mp's no not the nazis. The moon is just the ....and the gut ya nut ya bad boy champfood. Yep seen one seen them all. akas all over the place overlaps o plenty. Very educational. Five stars. And I didn't even give you the finger or did eye.

Picked up creepshow season 1 last Saturday. Pain gain hit and long run phonys blocking the door as the tree burns very bad boys indeed.all that bait all those greedy suckers and the ghosts. Double crossing inside job mp's no not the nazis. The moon is just the ....and the gut ya nut ya bad boy champfood. Yep seen one seen them all. akas all over the place overlaps o plenty. Very educational. Five stars. And I didn't even give you the finger or did eye.
I have no clue what you just said.

Finally got around to Nope- enjoyed it

But i want a whole movie about the chimp incident/characters ( even though it had no bearing on the movie)

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
I just saw The Exorcist: Believer. All I can say is that someone needs to stop David Gordon Green and Blumhouse before they ruin every beloved horror franchise.

I just saw The Exorcist: Believer. All I can say is that someone needs to stop David Gordon Green and Blumhouse before they ruin every beloved horror franchise.
I agree. You shouldn’t be allowed to mess up a classic, even if it’s not the same storyline.
This movie was not scary and I don’t even classify it as horror. It almost felt pieced together with some attempts at jump scares. There was no flow, no character development, and the storyline was elementary - just disappointing.

• 1Like

I'm not a huge horror-comedy fan, but some of my favorite movies are horror-comedies. This one is fantastic and the body horror elements are awesome. Similar to Slither and Critters.

And if this appeals to you, I would also recommend the movie Slaxx, which is a movie about a murderous pair of blue jeans. It's almost perfect.

This trailer ran in front of Exorcist. It was the best part of the entire experience. I'll watch anything James Wan directs.

Anyone watch Hell House, LLC before? I've seen it once (last year around this time, if I remember right) and enjoyed it. Might watch it again soon.

• 1Like
Anyone watch Hell House, LLC before? I've seen it once (last year around this time, if I remember right) and enjoyed it. Might watch it again soon.
It's funny, I remember watching it and I even remember enjoying it but I genuinely cannot remember a single thing about it. I haven't seen any of the sequels to vouch for them, but there are a few out there, including a new prequel Shudder Exclusive releasing in two weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom