the Huey P. Long bridge (1 Viewer)

Wow, that took a lot of time to make that area of New Orleans look that nice. :hihi:

Seriously, that is a kick *** animation.

That's cool and all, but where's the tailgaters, oversized 18 wheelers, and excessive Avondale shipyard traffic? :hihi:

I'm glad they're doing the expansion. When I was working in Haaarahaaan-brah, I used to have to drive a cargo truck over that thing. It was almost to the point where I had to stop on the other side and get out to kiss the ground. Almost.

Last edited:
i should mention, for folks that have never been on that bridge, that it is presently a scary ride for many people......the lanes are barely wide enough for even a average size vehicle.....so, imagine bumping mirros with SUVs on one side, and a concrete curb on the other, at 50mph

i know that many of you metrybrah and wess bankah types hate the Huey P. Long bridge......

well, in a few years, it will be a much more enjoyable drive

My daughter will be so sorry to hear about this. To her, the Huey P. Long bridge stands as a testament to her driving skills. The day after she received her learners permit, she drove over that bridge in heavily congested traffic that refused to go under 45 in a rain storm, despite those narrow lanes and high curbs. She handled it perfectly while I sat white-knuckled and terror stricken in the passenger seat.

i should mention, for folks that have never been on that bridge, that it is presently a scary ride for many people......the lanes are barely wide enough for even a average size vehicle.....so, imagine bumping mirros with SUVs on one side, and a concrete curb on the other, at 50mph

Don't forget the train roaring by just over your head in the middle of the bridge.

50mph? Wow, people down there must've got cautious in the past few years.

Going from the Westbank to Eastbank, I especially like small move to the left just as you get across the river, near the top. Almost seems like the 2 sides didn't meet up straight as it was being built. It's odd.

Yeah, my idiot driving instructor took me over that bridge. Must have had a death wish.

I've heard that as dodgy as that bridge looks and feels, it's actually one of the safer and more cared for bridges around here, due to the fact that it's one of the few rail crossing over the Mississippi.

That doesn't make me feel better when a huge truck is trying to pass me, though.

I'm glad they're doing the expansion. When I was working in Haaarahaaan-brah, I used to have to drive a cargo truck over that thing. It was almost to the point where I had to stop on the other side and get out to kiss the ground. Almost.

Imagine how it felt for the driver of that compact car driving next to your truck! The overhaul can't come too soon. Question, if no tolls on this new bridge, why the tolls on the Connection?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom