The Impact Of A (Potentially) Canceled Season And Roger Goodell (1 Viewer)

its not going to be cancelled, like Stephen A said.. we cant just stop because we dont have a definitive day that a vaccine would be available.. if they said tomorrow may 2021, then yeah shut it down... but we have to learn to live with it.
Is ESPN back to broadcasting in the studio with multiple people yet? If not, I don't think they're living with it yet.

If it is cancelled somehow Goodell will blame Sean Payton and penalize the Saints. Lol.

Seriously though if it is cancelled we probably have seen the last of Drew Brees and Tom Brady. What a way to be forced into retirement.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking will suck the most. Not seeing two greats go at it for one more year but even more so for us Saints fan likely seeing the last of Drew Brees unless they work out a deal for one more shot in '21. But how do you essentially extend your off season training by another year? Oof..

If it is cancelled somehow Goodell will blame Sean Payton and penalize the Saints. Lol.

Seriously though if it is cancelled we probably have seen the last of Drew Brees and Tom Brady. What a way to be forced into retirement.
Well now, Payton was the first NFL person to get the virus, right? He must have spread it. After all, if he didn't know, he should have known. :rolleyes:

I think the League is paying VERY close attention to the NBA’s restart.

The NBA is performing in a bubble, though, which seems impossible for an NFL team. NBA teams only travel with 35-40 people. NFL rosters and staff are huge.

I don’t see how were are going to have college football. I’m not giving up hope yet for an NFL season, but I don’t see how it doesn’t wreak havoc on the season. What do you do with older and more susceptible coaches?

The NBA is performing in a bubble, though, which seems impossible for an NFL team. NBA teams only travel with 35-40 people. NFL rosters and staff are huge.

I don’t see how were are going to have college football. I’m not giving up hope yet for an NFL season, but I don’t see how it doesn’t wreak havoc on the season. What do you do with older and more susceptible coaches?
Just a thought, but they could coach from the booth like when Payton broke his leg.

The logistics of it all seem impossible. More and more it's looking like this is going to be a lost season. Obviously football is way down the list of priorities when people are losing their lives but man. This looked like the year. On paper I'd put this roster up against any roster the Saints have ever had.

But this isn't going to be on Goodell. I blame the man for all I can but I can't find a way to pin a global pandemic on him.

Yeah, that would suck. Who knows, they might try to give it a run in 2021 if that happens, though. Whether or not they'll be effective two years later when they've both started to show significant signs of aging already, who knows.

It's going to be a cruel outcome if we end up not having this season, Drew retires, and we let a very good NFL QB with room to grow walk (to a division rival even) because we thought Drew had another year in him. We will have given up an almost seamless transition to Bridgewater due to one last Super Bowl run that never happened. Obviously nobody's fault, but still crappy.

They will never cancel it because of the $$ they will lose. However I wish they would cancel the season so Drew Brees could then walk away and still save face. I honestly think he would walk away now but would just look like he is running away, flat-out quitting, or simply abandoning his team. The man and his family did not deserve the crap that came his way after simply stating his opinion. Anyway, if the season was canceled...he had planned on retiring next season anyway so doubt anyone would blink an eye. I will say this, when he does retire, I am done with the NFL. Been following the NFL for over 40 years but I am officially done.

The season is not gonna get cancelled IMO. The only way it would get cancelled is if the players came together and said they were not gonna put themselves at risk by playing. Other than that we will have a NFL season this year. I think the players will want to play and the virus isn’t as bad as some have made it out to be. If you don’t have a pre-existing condition it sounds like you don’t have to go to the hospital. Many are throwing out these numbers of increasing COVID cases saying it’s getting worse, but the only numbers that truly matter are hospitalizations and deaths. The people contracting the virus that don’t end up going to the hospital is in all actuality not that big of deal IMO

The logistics of it all seem impossible. More and more it's looking like this is going to be a lost season. Obviously football is way down the list of priorities when people are losing their lives but man. This looked like the year. On paper I'd put this roster up against any roster the Saints have ever had.

But this isn't going to be on Goodell. I blame the man for all I can but I can't find a way to pin a global pandemic on him.
I agree the logistics seem daunting, but the NFL isn't even trying. Several coaches have pointed out how it's almost impossible to social distance with football but the league continues to act as if they are going to come up with some magical solution.

its not going to be cancelled, like Stephen A said.. we cant just stop because we dont have a definitive day that a vaccine would be available.. if they said tomorrow may 2021, then yeah shut it down... but we have to learn to live with it.

Exactly. It’s too much of a money machine. No chance the NFL season is canceled. Just watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom