the important lesson that we learned in this game. (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we can win football games occasionally without brees having a great day. with a solid rushing attack and good defense, drew doesnt have to win every game for us. thats something we really havent had the last 2 years.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you.

In the past, I have been afraid that if Brees was flat, or the rush too heavy, we couldn't run or play defense well enough to win. I have felt better about that since gg came aboard, and Payton lost the Reggie fixation.

saints2k8

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm so glad to see our running game can carry us. GREAT PERFORMANCES BY THE RBS!

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
yeah, the Bills D essentially neutralized our passing game after the 1st drive, and we still won by 20. You HAVE to love that. I'm sure rex ryan will dial up more of the same, but we can still rush for over 200 yds if the passing game is taken away.

GoldRush26

SR is my life!
Reaction score
we can win football games occasionally without brees having a great day. with a solid rushing attack and good defense, drew doesnt have to win every game for us. thats something we really havent had the last 2 years.

I think another thing we have learned is that if our O-line run blocks to their potential, ALL of our running backs have the ability to run the ball effectively. Wouldn't you agree?

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this was a great game for the TEAM. No offense to Drew at all, but the Saints won with a strong running attack and a great defensive effort. We needed a tough game like this to prove that even if the passing attack isn't in a rhythm the rest of the parts can keep going. Great, great win today.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's really exciting. This team feels like it's going to be *very* special.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We also learned that were are definitely stacked at RB....PT, Bell, Hamilton, Bush.

outvoted

Due to popular demand....
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Also this is going to make our offense that much more dangerous. I can assure you that they now have complete faith that the defense is going to make sure the points they score stay protected. Gotta love seeing a black and gold D.
This defense is still going to get better, and that gives me chills!!!

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Not that he's feeling any pressure to excel, but this should allow Drew to be even more comfortable out there. He knows that he doesn't have to be amazing every game now. It just helps a QB keep his composure and stay confidence when he knows his teammates will have his back, especially when he's down.

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
We had a lot of pressure on Brees. Now we have the ability to game plan and correct what the Jets will be bringing.

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way.. usually if Brees has a bad day its all down hill from there

but i was proud off our boys today, PT, Bush, Bell, Jenkins, Smith, Grant, Hamilton ...

WHO DAT 09!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread