the important lesson that we learned in this game. (1 Viewer)

diat150

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we can win football games occasionally without brees having a great day. with a solid rushing attack and good defense, drew doesnt have to win every game for us. thats something we really havent had the last 2 years.

Thank you.

In the past, I have been afraid that if Brees was flat, or the rush too heavy, we couldn't run or play defense well enough to win. I have felt better about that since gg came aboard, and Payton lost the Reggie fixation.

I'm so glad to see our running game can carry us. GREAT PERFORMANCES BY THE RBS!

yeah, the Bills D essentially neutralized our passing game after the 1st drive, and we still won by 20. You HAVE to love that. I'm sure rex ryan will dial up more of the same, but we can still rush for over 200 yds if the passing game is taken away.

we can win football games occasionally without brees having a great day. with a solid rushing attack and good defense, drew doesnt have to win every game for us. thats something we really havent had the last 2 years.

I think another thing we have learned is that if our O-line run blocks to their potential, ALL of our running backs have the ability to run the ball effectively. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, this was a great game for the TEAM. No offense to Drew at all, but the Saints won with a strong running attack and a great defensive effort. We needed a tough game like this to prove that even if the passing attack isn't in a rhythm the rest of the parts can keep going. Great, great win today.

It's really exciting. This team feels like it's going to be *very* special.

We also learned that were are definitely stacked at RB....PT, Bell, Hamilton, Bush.

Agree 100%. Also this is going to make our offense that much more dangerous. I can assure you that they now have complete faith that the defense is going to make sure the points they score stay protected. Gotta love seeing a black and gold D.
This defense is still going to get better, and that gives me chills!!!

Not that he's feeling any pressure to excel, but this should allow Drew to be even more comfortable out there. He knows that he doesn't have to be amazing every game now. It just helps a QB keep his composure and stay confidence when he knows his teammates will have his back, especially when he's down.

We had a lot of pressure on Brees. Now we have the ability to game plan and correct what the Jets will be bringing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom