THE INCREASE: Benjamin Watson - A Sense of Urgency (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1539416317376.png
Benjamin Watson (Photo Courtesy: Sporting News/Twitter)

By The Increase | sportsspectrum.com

Honestly, I didn’t see this coming. I didn’t expect to be back in New Orleans this year. When free agency hit in March, I knew it’d be a little while until I heard anything. I then heard from a few teams, but nothing that I thought would be it. Then the Saints called. I went down for a visit and they made an offer. And that was it!

I was considering retirement; I was going to be OK if no spot in the NFL transpired for me this year. I’m 37 years old and this is now my 15th season in the league. I’ve had many injuries, including my Achilles, which took me out a couple of years ago. My family is growing and becoming more involved in different things. I started to have other opportunities outside of football come up for me.

Then there’s the whole moving thing. One thing I didn’t want to do this year was go, with my family, to a entirely new city and team, especially if it was only for one year. As a family, we decided early on that it is important for us to stay together. I never wanted to work and play in a different city than where my family is living. So we don’t buy houses, we just rent. Whatever it takes, we move as a family. ...

Full Story - Sports Spectrum

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom