The Incredible Shrinking Running game? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ignoring Brees' 6 yards, we combined for less than 30yds rushing. I know that the Ravens have a great rush defense, but sorry, 30yds today doesn't cut it.

Brees is putting up big numbers every week, but we need to start running the ball consistently. With Deuce and Reggie (assuming he's ok), this should be a no brainer.

It's time to call out the OL on this get them to step it up!

Go Saints!!!

you have to consider that after 5 or 6 offensive plays we were down 14 pts. that tends to get you away from the run, and it just went downhill from there

it's hard to run the ball, against one of the stingiest Ds in the league!....especially being down early!

When you get as far behind as we were, running the ball is useless. Our gameplan was scratched early.

the OL greatness isn't why they are low in sack's given up.
Pryce pointed on it, pregame, in 12 times, he's only gotten him for 1 sack, today makes twice.
Drew feels the pressure and gets rid of the ball. Like Jimmy Johnson stated a few weeks ago when talking about dallas, he feels sacks are about 70% Qb, cause it up to them to read the defense, know the pressure, and get rid of it.
Granted, the OL, is lightyears better than what I fealt they were in preseason, much of this is TE help blocking and that is why they haven't passed to the TE as much for all those people begging to get the TE involved, they are involved... protecting. Conwell's absence up front was indeed fealt in the rushing department.

thats no excuse. you have to run the ball against a defense like baltimore. baltimore only averaged 3.5 yards per rush but it was effective. when we turn into a one dimensional team like today we lose. deuce with 5 carries? give me a break.

My biggest knock on Payton all season has been that he gets away from the running game too quickly. Even when its working. I can understand what happened today, you're not going to run the ball too much when you fall behind by 14 or more points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom