The Incredibly Unofficial Biography of Saintsreport Members (1 Viewer)

Maybe this question was answered already but I've noticed there is a "guidomerkins" and a "guidomerkinsrules". What is the story behind these two screen names? I like what both share on the forum.

guidomerkins came first. The guy who goes buy guidomerkinsrules was so impressed with his post quality, he wanted a tributary screen name.

(guidomerkinsrules has no idea who the real Guido Merkins is.)

Maybe this question was answered already but I've noticed there is a "guidomerkins" and a "guidomerkinsrules". What is the story behind these two screen names? I like what both share on the forum.

Guido Merkins was a pimp, with a sweet mustache. He was like a utility knife with many uses. This role has disappeared from the NFL - the last one I could remember was Crash Jensen with the Dolphins. Maybe Brian Mitchell had a little of this vibe too.

Though Guido wasn't very good at any position, he could passably handle a few of them.

More importantly, his name was Guido. And he had a sweet mustache. A guy like that is going to engender some fan support, legit and ironic.

It's quite simple really.

There was a Saints player named Guido Merkens. He ruled. He did so by (1) having a sweet name (and sweet 'stache), and (2) playing WR, QB, and P (and holder) . . . all in the same season (several seasons). Of course, in choosing screennames designating such a sweet player, those members would similarly be expected to have interesting things to post.

1982-404-FB-TPS-NA_F_285x412.jpg

The only thing that isn't clear is why they misspelled his last name. But I think it's a common mistake.

(guidomerkinsrules has no idea who the real Guido Merkins is.)

bruh - that's like me saying you don't know the difference between and AT-AT and an AT-ST
:aargh:
i am 14 years your senior, pup
i LOVED guido merkins - always loved that kind of utility infielder type of guy
(the only dallas cowboy i ever like was Danny White b/c he also punted)

Not sure of biographies but generally speaking:

VIP Subscriber = probation
VIP Contributor = parole
Moderator = work release

Come on now, your court history is public record. That's why we all have screen personas and don't give out our real names.

:ezbill:

Wait....you mean my name isn't really Bleu? Oh crap! Who am I??????

:ezbill:

You're Colonel Sanders. Duh!

Whew! You're right, I had to go look in the mirror and that, along with your reminder, jogged my memory. I am also known lovingly known by the "in" crowd as "The Colonel".

Ward is the SR Narrator.

Sometimes the story needs a narrator.

I'm also the "straight man" in most jokes. It's just how I roll.

Side note, I have the voice to narrate.. maybe I'll lay down an audio track filling in the blanks. haha.

Well as for me

I lean conservative. I'm never wrong on political issues. Well maybe some times I am wrong on political issues. As for saints related issues I am never ever wrong. Well may sometimes. Other than that I am never wrong.

I lean conservative. I'm never wrong on political issues. Well maybe some times I am wrong on political issues. As for saints related issues I am never ever wrong. Well may sometimes. Other than that I am never wrong.

I think you're mistaken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom