The internet and how we buy and get the things we need (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure why other than you could. Unless you could figure out the payload you'd likely wind up with a bell pepper and roll of TP.

Mischief? Mayhem? It's one thing to fly your own drone for some malevolent purpose - but if you could hack one, it might make it easier to get away with? I'm not sure.

Or perhaps with Amazon you could have some kind of Robin Hood agenda - if you could take over the drone and eliminate Amazon's ability to track it, you could deliver the items to underprivileged neighborhoods.

I'm wondering if/when one of those will he hacked.

It'd take some serious rogue radio traffic... The 2.4gHz spectrum is wired(less) so that the transmitter and receiver 'sync' and lock onto one another.

The receiver(s) (in higher end RC environments, multiple receivers are used) won't pass information to the controls within the system (throttle, yaw, roll, pitch, etc.) without that first initial sync.

Once paired, they generally can't be 'taken' over, as the receivers are usually programmed into a failsafe mode to slowly circle around the last known signal area and try to reaquire.

On the other hand, these drones are going to (in all probability) have a homing function to simply return home after delivery, or in the event of a signal loss.

And... stepping on radio waves in a manner that would be required to 'take over' a signal is somewhat frowned upon by the FCC.

With the fact that only specific items, and only up to 5 lbs can be shipped...

It's probably not a lucrative enough business to hack and commandeer drones delivering microwave popcorn to buzd.

With the fact that only specific items, and only up to 5 lbs can be shipped...

It's probably not a lucrative enough business to hack and commandeer drones delivering microwave popcorn to buzd.

I can think of many lucrative items to deliver that weigh under 5 pounds.

I can think of many lucrative items to deliver that weigh under 5 pounds.
...With the fact that only specific items, and only up to 5 lbs can be shipped...

If they ship anything even relatively 'lucrative', then maybe... But I'd simply have them deliver a $50 drone to me, then use it to kamikaze their own drones. Then I collect the falling boxes with their contents cushioned by those little pillow air-bags. This way I avoid the FCC fines...

...and I'd have to see the list of specific items before I start my life of crime hijacking amazon drones.

Edit... Now that you're starting this life of crime SChuck... You may get away with just crashing them instead of trying to commandeer.

Just blast/paint them with noise in the 2.4 spectrum and see what happens. Maybe they'll fall from the sky. I do know that metal structures (think Faraday cage) even near a 2.4ghz receiver can interfere. There was a chainlink batting cage roughly 50' long at a ball field where we used to fly and whenever you got 'near' the cage (within 50 feet or so), the planes would get wonky and you'd have glitches and occasionally lose one if you couldn't recover in time. We understood the concept of a cage with electronics 'inside' the cage, but never could explain the interference just from getting 'near'.

I'm wondering if/when one of those will he hacked.

These are gonna be stoner hacked big time lol...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XnhpqxEx6WA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are gonna be stoner hacked big time lol...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XnhpqxEx6WA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Juan's should have copyrighted that idea
DonkeyLogo.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom