The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

So much for adding more gold on a dip.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190807-054724_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190807-054724_Chrome.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 3
Is chipotle gonna take a hit?

My god!

I think some people just have it out for Chipotle.

Today is avocado wednesday and they’re giving away free guacamole. Not sure how long that will continue with the trade wars so I’m getting me some. Avocado’s are healthy superfoods that help prevent cancer btw

My god!

I think some people just have it out for Chipotle.

Today is avocado wednesday and they’re giving away free guacamole. Not sure how long that will continue with the trade wars so I’m getting me some. Avocado’s are healthy superfoods that help prevent cancer btw

so if you fill your cancer-laden bowl with cancer preventing avocado, its all good?

Today is a classic battle between the sellers and bulls.

And I'm amazed at TTWO's performance this week, it's been remarkably resilient. If this wet blanket gets pulled of the market, I think it will bust into the $130s.

Today is a classic battle between the sellers and bulls.

And I'm amazed at TTWO's performance this week, it's been remarkably resilient. If this wet blanket gets pulled of the market, I think it will bust into the $130s.

yeah same goes for GWPH....been waiting for their quarterly and they doubled sales, but this "wet blanket" has diminished the report.

So, I've been in a hole the last few days.. why are Banks being hammered?

Did you mean GWPH?

No, I meant Guardant Health (ticker GH). The have a liquid (blood) based biopsy for lung and other cancers (I think) that has been doing very well in clinical trials (unlike Thanos).

I sold my NFLX. I think there are too many question marks in that sector, Disney is coming with their streaming service, and they have effectively taken control of Hulu.

NFLX does great content but that multiple is so big, I don't think content alone justifies it - and the growth curve is flattening for sure.

DIS announced a bundle package with Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+. All together for $12.99 with commercials.

I already have Hulu, and was considering dropping. For the small add on, I'd keep it and add those two.

No, I meant Guardant Health (ticker GH). The have a liquid (blood) based biopsy for lung and other cancers (I think) that has been doing very well in clinical trials (unlike Thanos).

oh ok. well you had me look up my GWPH and they reported yesterday and are up 8% on the day ( but was 15% on post market )

i had totally forgot about their reporting earnings yesterday and i had been waiting on it...so thanks! lol

The Yuan weakness is back. Trade sentiment from China seems resolute. The interest rate collapse is getting a bit frightening.

We’re going to find out just how good Trump’s instincts are because right now his call for aggressive rate cutting is clearly a call to the Fed to join the trade war. Seems like systemic risk is increasing.

Uh read this twitter thread? Raoul Pal is legit too, not some hack.

I like your gold position @bclemms. Did you say you had a levered etf?

Uh read this twitter thread? Raoul Pal is legit too, not some hack.

I like your gold position @bclemms. Did you say you had a levered etf?

Yes, been buying dips and selling portions at spikes of NUGT 3x leverage ETF. That way I'm always holding long but limiting exposure. It's quite literally the most common s ed nse approach I have seen. We are seeing rate cuts worldwide and currencies being used as weapons in the trade world while being propped up through inflationary measures. We arent seeing inflation when comparing the dollar to other currencies because there is a worldwide race to devalue currencies. It is why gold is going up in the face of a strong dollar.

So, if the dollar stays strong and inflation against other currencies stays low then gold will continue to go up while the dollar works as a hedge. If inflation goes up on the dollar the gold skyrockets.

The only way I see gold going down is if the markets stabilize and the fed increases rates. I dont see a way that can happen in the next few months and more than likely much longer.

Look at history when gold shoots up 20% in a few months, it is usually a pretty good indicator of a bloodbath in the market is about to happen or beginning to happen.

Wild card is Trump caving on Trade war with China because he knows if the economy tanks so does any re-election campaign. Even if he caves now, it's highly likely the damage has been done and fed sure as hell wont increase rates. We are sitting at the point where all it will take is unemployment to level off or slightly increase for all hell to break loose. Consumer sentiment has been driving the market, no way will it remain high (was already beginning to sag before new tariff threats) after the last 10 days of trading and news cycles.

The economy is toast so find the bubble.
1) leveraged, high risk loans.
2) devaluation of currency on global scale.

So, gold has been easy play and if sheet hits the fan I've been playing an inverse ETF against high risk bonds/loans that should skyrocket if defaults start happening.

My hedge to these is quite literally the dollar (cash).

Hope that makes sense. I'm not an investment pro but simple fundamentals show exactly what is happening.

If things continue to go south the fed is going to cut hard. Negative interest rates are already happening on a global scale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom