The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

Get some RCEL. Just recently uplisted to the NASDAQ.. Sitting currently at about $7.29. Do some research. You guys may be surprised. UMC were in on the clinical trials. Got FDA approval last year. Was previously an OTC stock. It was used on a local fireman that was burned in a response to a house fire in Metairie. Like I said. Do some research.
You've mentioned them before. It's positive they are on the NASDAQ now. But, many, that operations loss better start to turn around...

Last edited:

Yup. See, at least the pay a dividend to help take some of the sting out of it. I'd have to do some math to look at percentage change to see if the Bonds at least slow down the death drop a bit.

I did beef up my "stable value" but maybe I should have done even more so.

it’s a really interesting chart.

This will be the talking point over the coming months.

Apparently Trump said he isn't making a deal unless it includes ending forced technology transfer and IP protection. China said nope and is taking it's ball home a day early.

This trade war isn't ending until one of the countries is using it's folding currency as firewood or Trump is out of office. I'm telling you now, if Trump is out of office whoever is next is going to have a hell of a dilemma on hand. Look weak against China or keep trade war going. Diplomacy has never worked with the Chinese. On the other hand, if Trump's chances of re-election continue to worsen we may have a lame duck with the idea his lasting legacy is taking down the Chinese. There is no way this ends well short term.

Tomorrow is likely going to be quite interesting in the market.

Also, seeing so many connections with Trump's moves pointing back to Boeing being a huge beneficiary. Might be a good idea to tuck away money in Boeing stock, Then again, the Chinese may blackball Boeing overnight and chose to buy from Airbus in order to gain favor with Europe and stick it to Trump at the same time.

This will be the talking point over the coming months.

Apparently Trump said he isn't making a deal unless it includes ending forced technology transfer and IP protection. China said nope and is taking it's ball home a day early.

This trade war isn't ending until one of the countries is using it's folding currency as firewood or Trump is out of office. I'm telling you now, if Trump is out of office whoever is next is going to have a hell of a dilemma on hand. Look weak against China or keep trade war going. Diplomacy has never worked with the Chinese. On the other hand, if Trump's chances of re-election continue to worsen we may have a lame duck with the idea his lasting legacy is taking down the Chinese. There is no way this ends well short term.

Tomorrow is likely going to be quite interesting in the market.

Those have always been the two most legitimate objectives. It’s the approach that has been in question.

Boing, Boing, Boing...

At 0231 GMT, the Nikkei index was up 0.46% at 21,555.67, after shedding as much as 0.7% earlier in the day.

Japanese shares got a boost after the New York Times reported that U.S. President Donald Trump's administration will soon issue licences allowing some U.S. companies to supply non-sensitive goods to Chinese telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies Co Ltd.

This could be seen as a concession to China that would make it easier for the two economic power houses to resolve their trade row.

Trump's administration effectively blacklisted Huawei in mid-May, alleging it is involved in activities that compromise national security, a charge the company denies.

Analysts, however, caution that a resolution to the bruising year-long trade war is far from certain.

Boing, Boing, Boing...

Doesn’t Nikkei tend to follow US markets rather than lead them?

Those have always been the two most legitimate objectives. It’s the approach that has been in question.
Yeah, it's always been one of the core issues but it's now coming out that it is the #1 objective for both countries and the hot spot that ends all talks before they ever really begin. As far as approach, the only other option is diplomacy and the same tactics we've used for 40 years without any results. China drew it's line in the sand a long time ago, trump is just digging a trench in front of it. To me it's painfully obvious to see how this is playing out. China is just going to wait come hell or high water. Trump is going to be holding a single basket full of eggs with China's name on it until the election. China is going to be spending a ton of money and energy trying to meddle in the election and Trump is going to be a lame duck with a ton of resentment towards the one country he has vowed to "put in their place" for the better part of 3 decades. Should be fun times. :hihi:

Now, to not take this down a political road, how will the US economy hold up over the next year during this process? I just don't see how it can but the one thing that is as sure as China not negotiating with Trump is the American consumer's ability to spend money whether they have it or not so the economy could just keep on rolling while the fear never makes it off of Wall Street.

Looking at Consumer Staples.. Coke is actually at a pretty decent value price, but has been lagging Pepsi badly.

an ETF might be the smarter play, but I do like investing in companies I like, and use.

This news broke 2 hours ago.

Yeah, it broke about an hour after the news broke that China and US aren't making any progress with trade talks and that China was leaving the US a day early. This caused afterhour markets to have a big slide. The last time Trump said the same thing about Huawai was when the market was getting thrashed back in June but nothing ever came of it. It seems to be Trump's answer to empty promises of China buying more US farm goods. It'll be interesting to see if this is just another ploy to offer short term stability to markets or it'll actually go through. Third option is it allows very restrictive licenses to a few small companies that wont amount to anything substantial.

Yeah, it's always been one of the core issues but it's now coming out that it is the #1 objective for both countries and the hot spot that ends all talks before they ever really begin. As far as approach, the only other option is diplomacy and the same tactics we've used for 40 years without any results. China drew it's line in the sand a long time ago, trump is just digging a trench in front of it. To me it's painfully obvious to see how this is playing out. China is just going to wait come hell or high water. Trump is going to be holding a single basket full of eggs with China's name on it until the election. China is going to be spending a ton of money and energy trying to meddle in the election and Trump is going to be a lame duck with a ton of resentment towards the one country he has vowed to "put in their place" for the better part of 3 decades. Should be fun times. :hihi:

Now, to not take this down a political road, how will the US economy hold up over the next year during this process? I just don't see how it can but the one thing that is as sure as China not negotiating with Trump is the American consumer's ability to spend money whether they have it or not so the economy could just keep on rolling while the fear never makes it off of Wall Street.

Delta reports tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how they view consumer travel. If it is still robust, then people and companies are still spending. That's a good sign. They dont' fly the 737 MAX, so they're not affected by the grounding.

Also a good sign for HEI...

Boeing is getting hit over the head again, with the 737 NG cracking issue (I'm behind on this.. my boss was out for three weeks so I was under a rock).

You've mentioned them before. It's positive they are on the NASDAQ now. But, many, that operations loss better start to turn around...

Just watch. Stay tuned. Like I said. Do some research and not just from some paid for sights. Dig deep and you may find gold bud.

Know this. They were only able to just begin selling their product in the U.S. as a FDA approved procedure as of January 2019. Their FDA approval for use on adults was just granted back in summer of 2018. They are only 3 reporting quarters into their sales of their product within the U.S. It is going to be a fun ride as I got in when they were on the OTC, at $1.06/share.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom