The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

Just watch. Stay tuned. Like I said. Do some research and not just from some paid for sights. Dig deep and you may find gold bud.

Know this. They were only able to just begin selling their product in the U.S. as a FDA approved procedure as of January 2019. Their FDA approval for use on adults was just granted back in summer of 2018. They are only 3 reporting quarters into their sales of their product within the U.S. It is going to be a fun ride as I got in when they were on the OTC, at $1.06/share.

That's why I'm glad they're on the NASDAQ.. they'll finally have to do more reporting. The problem is that there is limited data. The idea of what they make is exciting. The question is, can they turn it into a profit and actually grow. The market is there, but can they deliver?

I'm hearing this is not good news. I honestly don't understand it tho. Same person told me we've now given more cash to banks than during the rescue following the last crash.

I'm hearing this is not good news. I honestly don't understand it tho. Same person told me we've now given more cash to banks than during the rescue following the last crash.

I don't fully understand it either but it has to do with liquidity. Basically if there's not enough cash in the banking market, it can slow or freeze movement and spike rates. The Fed can influence this process and wants to keep commercial rates reasonably in line with the overnight Fed rate.

I read that this latest repo action was "undersubcribed" (they had made over $40B available but only $30B was taken) which means that there were fewer takers than there could have been (which is positive - means that there's at least more liquidity in the system than would be served by fully selling the planned amount).

I don't fully understand it either but it has to do with liquidity. Basically if there's not enough cash in the banking market, it can slow or freeze movement and spike rates. The Fed can influence this process and wants to keep commercial rates reasonably in line with the overnight Fed rate.

I read that this latest repo action was "undersubcribed" (they had made over $40B available but only $30B was taken) which means that there were fewer takers than there could have been (which is positive - means that there's at least more liquidity in the system than would be served by fully selling the planned amount).

both give good insight. It seems to me more of a "lets do this, see how the market shakes out, before next Fed meeting regarding interest rates". I think it has to do with a little of liquidity, slowing down the the "economic slowdown " ( that you have alluded to few weeks back ) and seeing what happens in the coming weeks to help with Fed decision.

That's why I'm glad they're on the NASDAQ.. they'll finally have to do more reporting. The problem is that there is limited data. The idea of what they make is exciting. The question is, can they turn it into a profit and actually grow. The market is there, but can they deliver?
Not that one day makes or breaks a company, but solid pop today for RCEL.

7.66+0.38 (+5.19%)

Not that one day makes or breaks a company, but solid pop today for RCEL.

7.66+0.38 (+5.19%)

Their start up costs, is the bulk of their costs. Their operational costs are not an issue.

Google Fiona Wood.

Last edited:
I put in modest positions in DFS and RCEL today. DFS is just undervalued, probably has a better shot at recouping that then most of the normal banks (I'm waiting to get out of BAC), and I use them as my CC of choice.. so there's that. Got about 20 shares.

RCEL.. eh.. willing to take a shot. Got about 130 shares.

Still have about half of my IRA funds sitting on the sidelines.

Huge up day.

This market looks like a good one for anyone interested in covered call options.

So, what happened to the good news from Friday? Markets on pause, or down a tick.

word is China is now "re-evaluating" phase 1 of trade deal.

so no deal just yet

If anyone watched Trump's UN speech the a couple weeks ago, it'll put a whole lot of light on just how far away a deal is from happening, certainly a must watch. I don't want to link it here due to politics but it's by FAR the best speech Trump has ever given.

Edit: Found just the clip regarding China and trade.

Last edited:
Market is charging today. NVDA popped a lot.

So.. we still on the recession down the road outlook?

i.e. playing defensive still the right call, or???

I'd feel better if there was something more official with China coming out.

My 401k is still positioned to get the pop (if one comes). My IRA is less so. Even though DFS is doing well, as well as the S&P I kept behind.

Market is charging today. NVDA popped a lot.

So.. we still on the recession down the road outlook?

i.e. playing defensive still the right call, or???

I'd feel better if there was something more official with China coming out.

My 401k is still positioned to get the pop (if one comes). My IRA is less so. Even though DFS is doing well, as well as the S&P I kept behind.

Could this be due to the Fed announcing $60B of treasury buys per month for the next 6 months to ensure liquidity?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom