The Investment Thread (18 Viewers)

Could this be due to the Fed announcing $60B of treasury buys per month for the next 6 months to ensure liquidity?

I guess that people still think the China Trade deal is moving in the right direction, that a Brexit draft agreement is "nearing", and the Fed announcement (which we already sort of knew, right?).

It probably also helps that Banks have been releasing earnings and outlooks.

Market is charging today. NVDA popped a lot.

So.. we still on the recession down the road outlook?

i.e. playing defensive still the right call, or???

I'd feel better if there was something more official with China coming out.

I see China doing everything it can to minimize the impacts of the trade war on it's own economy but I also see a huge amount of tension across multiple fronts.

I could be very wrong and the market keeps going up so who knows. I'm playing the side of odds still.

I see China doing everything it can to minimize the impacts of the trade war on it's own economy but I also see a huge amount of tension across multiple fronts.

I could be very wrong and the market keeps going up so who knows. I'm playing the side of odds still.

I think China is a pig in a poke - just like the tax cuts (GDP), North Korea, the wall, etc. Big show, short on results.

But for the bulls, go run! If the tariffs come off the board, that’s a genuine sign that some real wind might come back to the sails. Otherwise, you’re just watching reality TV.

I think China is a pig in a poke - just like the tax cuts (GDP), North Korea, the wall, etc. Big show, short on results.

But for the bulls, go run! If the tariffs come off the board, that’s a genuine sign that some real wind might come back to the sails. Otherwise, you’re just watching reality TV.
That's my whole issue. I'm kinda upset I'm partially out of the market and missed some gains.. but I also don't think this lasts, until this is definitive... and there are no signs this is really done, and it can easily be derailed.. again.

The macro element here is just blocking sound strategy. I don't want to be a day trader going on the news. That's a losing position.

I am glad I stuck it out with BAC, since they've had a nice little run the last couple days to get back in some healthy price gains. DFS was a good call, and I think can be a good call long term, as they were undervalued, and a good company. I really love their customer service for their CC.

NVDA.. well, I got out and maybe I shouldn't' have, but oh well, I made money on them.

I was probably right to finally cash out on AMZN. Until Tariffs are removed, I have a hard time seeing them grow much more. That, coupled with the attention about monopoly, hurting small businesses competing, even within their own marketplace.. they might end up being the next Biotech getting the gov't microscope.

We'll see. Still love Amazon as a consumer, though. Even though, I think their products are being over run with cheap no name stuff from China that makes it harder to find decent things. It turns me off as a consumer/shopper, and that's going to be a problem for them.

Ride RCEL into outer space boys. We’ll be up and over $9/share today! Should be about a 12-15% spike, based on Aud/US conversion rate.

Hope some of you did your homework like I suggested and got a few hundred/thousand shares. We are going to be LONG on this one. This is not for the shorties. Enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Ride RCEL into outer space boys. We’ll be up and over $9/share today! Should be about a 12-15% spike, based on Aud/US conversion rate.

Hope some of you did your homework like I suggested and got a few hundred/thousand shares. We are going to be LONG on this one. This is not for the shorties. Enjoy the day.
I picked up 130 shares at $7.68/share a little while back. Figured, at the least, the exposure to the NASDAQ should be a small boost, if they can't take it to the next step.

I had a tiny bit of cash in an old TD Ameritrade account. Since trades are free now, I grabbed 60 shares a few days ago at $7.57. Think I can retire on this in 20 years? :D

I had a tiny bit of cash in an old TD Ameritrade account. Since trades are free now, I grabbed 60 shares a few days ago at $7.57. Think I can retire on this in 20 years? :D

Nice move. If you cannot end up retiring in 20 years, the $450 you spent, conversely will not have made you poor. ?

RCEL on the march!
Up 18% since I bought in.

BAC is finally up again. Wonder if they can break this $31 ceiling this time...

DFS has been a good bet so far. Up 4% in the last week. Still well under their prices of the last few months. Also working an exclusive with Amazon. Curated items, exclusive deals (beyond Prime? They didnt say).

I may be a fool, but I put my foot back in NVDA as they are still marching up.

Still have about 40% of my cash on the sidelines for now.

People still playing defensive?

Nice there Saint Ward. Good for you and othes that took the time to do a little digging. It is an amazing medical advancement. It relates to the largest human organ and will be used in so many other ways going forward. It is showing so much promise in so many other types of treatments, it is beyond their wildest dreams. The sky is the limit.

Last edited:
You all see Biogen today? Up 36% right now.

Have not. Will check them out.

RCEL still moving upward pretty strong. I am very interested in their upcoming 3rd qtr. results. I think we are going to be very surprised by their report. The stars are getting closer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom