The Investment Thread (17 Viewers)

I think Boeing is about 66% off it's 52week high. Of course a huge chunk of that came this month. That's gonna be one helluva bailout right there.

Show me where I said they do.
The part were I'm talking about the Fed lowering interest rates and you respond to my question with a list of things that the Fed doesn't do. You don't have to actually type the word f-e-d. You just have to jump into the conversation and continue with the same language.

Last edited:
Our point is we were discussing what the Fed could/couldn't do. We're well aware of fiscal policy options outside of the Fed.
Dropping rates to zero just didn't seem like it would be helpful to the economy. I feel like the Admin is confusing the Dow with the economy. I didn't game an Econ 101 class, but seems to me that low interest rates don't mean squat if businesses can't pay back loans or dont have cash flow.

I'd tell y'all to calm down, but in this market y'all may just need to vent.

I'd tell y'all to calm down, but in this market y'all may just need to vent.
I'm calm, the way the government handled this it literally made one of the best stock market opportunities in history to anyone paying attention. The virus doesn't scare me, the markets don't scare me but the willful ignorance of people is horrifying.

I'm calm, the way the government handled this it literally made one of the best stock market opportunities in history to anyone paying attention. The virus doesn't scare me, the markets don't scare me but the willful ignorance of people is horrifying.

But you are only 12 years old. You have plenty of time. :)

Agreed...

I know there will be tons of opportunity, but if anyone is willing to the market to me more than what i know id be obliged. feel free to PM me.

Dropping rates to zero just didn't seem like it would be helpful to the economy. I feel like the Admin is confusing the Dow with the economy. I didn't game an Econ 101 class, but seems to me that low interest rates don't mean squat if businesses can't pay back loans or dont have cash flow.
I’ll tell you why they did it. To make sure banks stay liquid and can meet the cash requirements of their clients. Liquidity is what keeps the economy going, if the overnight window hadn't gone to zero that could’ve caused a slew of more problems, including some of which we saw in 08-09.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
The part were I'm talking about the Fed lowering interest rates and you respond to my question with a list of things that the Fed doesn't do. You don't have to actually type the word f-e-d. You just have to jump into the conversation and continue with the same language.
I took your question to mean what can the government as a whole do to stem the economic downturn, so I listed what could be done by congress and the treasury as a whole, in addition to the monetary policy steps taken by the fed already.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom