The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

What the Fork!?!?! I think even Trump my lose it over that..

I need to see what was in that bill that these LA senators voted NO for.

Did rand paul get his amendment in?

What the Fork!?!?! I think even Trump my lose it over that..
No he wont. The Senate has been getting guidance from the White House. They will not pass unless it is a ground up Republican plan. Friday's Trump ress conference showed that.

I need to see what was in that bill that these LA senators voted NO for.

Did rand paul get his amendment in?

If he got it in, it's effectively DOA. Rand is doing everything he can to sabotage the Senate. It's always been his M.O. meh.

FWIW, I think that was supposed to be voted on separately. But whatever. Rome continues to burn.

If he got it in, it's effectively DOA. Rand is doing everything he can to sabotage the Senate. It's always been his M.O. meh.

FWIW, I think that was supposed to be voted on separately. But whatever. Rome continues to burn.

it was a separate vote and defeated 73 no to 3 yea

No he wont. The Senate has been getting guidance from the White House. They will not pass unless it is a ground up Republican plan. Friday's Trump ress conference showed that.

its this.

political kickball

15 min later

New vote coming....due to ......DRUMROLL PLEASE........................................

Republican amendments made to bill.

ok clarification Johnson amendment...

REmoving the 14 federal mandated sick days and replace with the state having to take on under unemployment.

this is nuts

ok clarification Johnson amendment...

REmoving the 14 federal mandated sick days and replace with the state having to take on under unemployment.

this is nuts
Doesn't matter, this is the pig's lipstick until we shut the country down. I thought Friday we started to understand, I also thought by now we'd be shut down. Don't get me wrong, this has to happen to get people to accept the other but it can't be mutually exclusive or it is all for naught.

Also, really getting tired of hearing this isn't the fault of corporations, they couldn't see this coming. Bullshirt, you shouldn't get a pass to be leveraged with debt and not have the ability to survivie 2 month shutdowns. We all tell people to have a 6 month emergency fund. Well....

Doesn't matter, this is the pig's lipstick until we shut the country down. I thought Friday we started to understand, I also thought by now we'd be shut down. Don't get me wrong, this has to happen to get people to accept the other but it can't be mutually exclusive or it is all for naught.

Also, really getting tired of hearing this isn't the fault of corporations, they couldn't see this coming. Bullshirt, you shouldn't get a pass to be leveraged with debt and not have the ability to survivie 2 month shutdowns. We all tell people to have a 6 month emergency fund. Well....

Oh, a lot of them have those funds. They just don't want to touch em.

Take it one further- WE HAVE A ZERO INTEREST RATE environment.

GO BORROW the money.

Airlines have been told REPEATEDLY how big of a role they play in the event of a worldwide pandemic. They didnt prepare for this eventuallity?

So im supposed to grin and bear part of the cost to keep them up and running?

THATS WHAT YOU PAY MILLIONS a year to Risk Managers for. If you dont adhere to their recommendations and form a slush fund for rainy days, like you said, thats on YOU.

MEanwhile Im supposed to somehow generate enough income to save for a 6 month reserve and get NO HELP?????

I hope more people on BOTH sides are paying attention. The curtain is getting pulled back in PLAIN VIEW.

Oh, a lot of them have those funds. They just don't want to touch em.

if they indeed have em, then the bill should be an umbrella....you show us you ran thru your emergency fund and we will step to the podium to talk.

til then, suck eggs.

We bailed out big banks in 2009 and CEOs made MILLIONS.

Abotu to do it again with SAME RESULTS.

Cuban said this am...you take fed bailouts, your company can NEVER do stock buybacks ever again. And whatever stock options you offer to Execs, the same to employees.

Hes right.

if they indeed have em, then the bill should be an umbrella....you show us you ran thru your emergency fund and we will step to the podium to talk.

til then, suck eggs.

We bailed out big banks in 2009 and CEOs made MILLIONS.

Abotu to do it again with SAME RESULTS.

Cuban said this am...you take fed bailouts, your company can NEVER do stock buybacks ever again. And whatever stock options you offer to Execs, the same to employees.

Hes right.

Yep. I wish he'd run for President. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But he's probably too smart to do that.

Yep. I wish he'd run for President. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But he's probably too smart to do that.

In 2028, when his kids are in college, I say 75% chance he does.

In 2028, when his kids are in college, I say 75% chance he does.

I wish it were this year. Having 2 halfway senile and crazy 70+ year old candidates doesn't do much for my heart. I think having Cuban in there would settle me down. I don't even know whether he's a D or R...and I don't really care.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom