The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

ok looks like its about to pass on 3rd time thru

not sure of the amendments tho.

so it looks to be done deal.

only 3 tries w/ diff amendments.

Oh, a lot of them have those funds. They just don't want to touch em.

They actually don't. Most businesses are operating with 1-2 months cash at most. Stock buybacks drained the coffers and often debt was used to pay for the buybacks. Interest rates have been low for so long that debt and borrowing were just super cheap. If we experience deflation, then that debt is about to become very expensive.

They actually don't. Most businesses are operating with 1-2 months cash at most. Stock buybacks drained the coffers and often debt was used to pay for the buybacks. Interest rates have been low for so long that debt and borrowing were just super cheap. If we experience deflation, then that debt is about to become very expensive.

Well, then Cuban is absolutely right, the buyback option has to be removed going forward. I'm still not sure why they're even allowed to do that.

if they indeed have em, then the bill should be an umbrella....you show us you ran thru your emergency fund and we will step to the podium to talk.

til then, suck eggs.

We bailed out big banks in 2009 and CEOs made MILLIONS.

Abotu to do it again with SAME RESULTS.

Cuban said this am...you take fed bailouts, your company can NEVER do stock buybacks ever again. And whatever stock options you offer to Execs, the same to employees.

Hes right.
I heard the interview of Cuban. I also heard an Executive from JP Morgan when asked about Cuban's comment reply with how rediculous it is. That's when I want to just say, let it burn. Ultimately, they know we aren't willing to let it burn so they'll keep doing it.

I heard the interview of Cuban. I also heard an Executive from JP Morgan when asked about Cuban's comment reply with how rediculous it is. That's when I want to just say, let it burn. Ultimately, they know we aren't willing to let it burn so they'll keep doing it.

They learned nothing from 2008. Everyone is focused on short term goals.

They learned nothing from 2008. Everyone is focused on short term goals.

big corps control EVERYTHING.

Have the airlines and the rest of the corporate parasites ever considered not wasting all their money on lattes and avocado toast? Have they considered going to trade school and taking financial literacy classes instead of taking out student loans? Why should I be responsible for their irresponsible life decisions?

It looks like plenty of people are going to be out of work. I don't know if policies to have the federal govt bring people up to 75% income if filing for unemployment will get money to people fast enough. I dislike UBI because it doesn't factor in the difference in cost of living and isn't need based.

It looks like plenty of people are going to be out of work. I don't know if policies to have the federal govt bring people up to 75% income if filing for unemployment will get money to people fast enough. I dislike UBI because it doesn't factor in the difference in cost of living and isn't need based.

Agree 100%. There's got to be a better way.

Guys, we're walking a tight line here with politics. Again, can't ever totally sanitize it, but let's not turn this into too much griping.

I'll throw this here regarding the checks. If you are in a position where you wont need it, then I offer some suggestions.

Save it. We dont know what's in front of us.....

Spend it on gift cards to a local restaurant (use like a year later) or buy local takeout/delivery.

Help a friend in need.

Find a way to do some other local stimulus.

I dislike UBI because it doesn't factor in the difference in cost of living and isn't need based.

Oh, UBI is coming eventually.. but this crisis will speed it up dramatically.

As Andrew Yang & Co have been saying for months, jobs are simply disappearing at too fast a rate, or being automated- and in 5 or 10 years we would have had to institute UBI anyway, becuase there just wont be enough jobs available for the number of Americans who need work.. If it makes you feel better, you can think of it as ‘permanent unemployment’- but it’s going to happen.

Not sure this is directly investment discussion, but it will certainly impact some in how/what they invest.
Anyone given any thought about what health insurance rates will be after this passes?
It might be scarier than the virus itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom