The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

How's it work if you're stuck holding a futures contract when it expires? Do you have to show up with a truck and get your barrel of oil? lol

I’m surprised the federal government hasn’t stepped in to purchase negative contracts up to $0. They could fill the strategic petroleum reserve and get paid to do it.

I’m surprised the federal government hasn’t stepped in to purchase negative contracts up to $0. They could fill the strategic petroleum reserve and get paid to do it.

As of March, we had 77 million barrels of capacity to store oil in the strategic reserve. I totally agree that it would be a good opportunity.

Well, I placed an insurance type trade today. Not going into any specifics, but I hope everyone survives this mess.

How fast can someone build a reservoir in an urban backyard that can hold 1,000 gallons of crude oil? Asking for a friend.

I happen to have just put a 3000 gallon reservoir in my yard.

Sorry son, swimming is going to have to wait until next year.. daddy is an oil man now.

Well, I placed an insurance type trade today. Not going into any specifics, but I hope everyone survives this mess.

You cant just drop a post Iike that and then leave us hanging.

You obviously dont have to get into specifics of how much $ or what company, but are you investing in some sort of doomsday scenario that will pay off if society collapses or something? I’m intrigued.

Last edited:
You cant just drop a post Ike that and then leave us hanging.

You obviously dont have to get into specifics of how much $ or what company, but are you investing in some sort of doomsday scenario that will pay off if society collapses or something? I’m intrigued.

The last frontier, the open seas. The secret password is Saints, all Saints fans are welcome. I will leave G.P.S. coordinates when all systems are go.

1587414723028.png

I remember asking my father what it was like when the stock market crashed his senior year in high school, 1929.

He said life went on, but it was pretty clear to everybody that the world would never be quite the same.

Now I know what he meant.

Dear Lord in heaven!

Yo, Ward, whatcha make of this?

1587416117251.png

Not an Oil expert, so not sure. But I think the contract on WTI Crude being up tomorrow has a lot to do with it. Definitely not normal though. At least not that I've ever seen.

They already have. The world's oil storage is nearing max capacity. When that hits then you'll see the physical oil price fall to next to nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom