The Investment Thread (15 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I spoke to a wealth manager yesterday on the phone for about half an hour. She's in big accounts at JPM and said that her team is selling equities at this point - the S&P has already rebounded to their projected year-end number and they don't thing going much higher than this is sustainable when the fundamentals are examined.

Just passing it on without comment.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I spoke to a wealth manager yesterday on the phone for about half an hour. She's in big accounts at JPM and said that her team is selling equities at this point - the S&P has already rebounded to their projected year-end number and they don't thing going much higher than this is sustainable when the fundamentals are examined.

Just passing it on without comment.
she knows damn well the market has left fundamentals a long time ago. :loopy:

She was being nostalgic when she used the term "fundamentals". That shirt worked in the 90s and 2000s. Now its pure emotion.

Im waiting for that emotion to peter out and reset the market BACK to fundamentals. I hope anyway.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
she knows damn well the market has left fundamentals a long time ago. :loopy:

She was being nostalgic when she used the term "fundamentals". That shirt worked in the 90s and 2000s. Now its pure emotion.

Im waiting for that emotion to peter out and reset the market BACK to fundamentals. I hope anyway.
She might not have said fundamentals. That might have been my paraphrasing. But they do think the market is already at their year-end projection.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The management team looks legit and I think the market is emerging with new FDA status. As we saw with cannabis, when the bigger money wants in on the premise, there can be a run on the companies. The one seems to be positioning for that. I'm tempted to take profits, but gambler is me is feeling like this is something to keep a very close eye on as the market develops.

https://www.thecannabisinvestor.ca/...cine-and-1-company-thats-facing-them-head-on/
At $1.69 now.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to see how PBW behaves today. It has been doing a bit of a peak trough game from the low to Mid 30's down the high 20's. It's peaking now, so I might take the profit and jump back in if they waiver again.

Back when they crossed $40 in Feb, I knew I should have taken profits, but I was thinking investors were flocking there as a "safer space". oops.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NVDA is one I was debating about getting back into, but I can't buy back in at over $300/share. I'm thinking there was no way they could keep growing.. here are they are $360/share.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really nice looking consolidating trend on the chart. Looks like it's priming for another break out.
Check out volume. Coming into May, daily volume was less than 200K shares. Then it started to go north of 500K shares traded daily. Last week daily totals were at 1.1M at the beginning of the week (Monday and Tuesday) - but since last Wednesday, daily volume has been at least 1.6M, with a huge day last Friday (4.2M shares). Volume continues to trend upward closer toward 2M as the weekly average volume/day. That's 10X volume increase in three weeks.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Check out volume. Coming into May, daily volume was less than 200K shares. Then it started to go north of 500K shares traded daily. Last week daily totals were at 1.1M at the beginning of the week (Monday and Tuesday) - but since last Wednesday, daily volume has been at least 1.6M, with a huge day last Friday (4.2M shares). Volume continues to trend upward closer toward 2M as the weekly average volume/day. That's 10X volume increase in three weeks.
Still a buy at $1.60? Headed to $5 a share?

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
What I really liked was the markets crashing to the bell while SHRMF closed in a break out and all time high.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
As for the broader markets, SP closed below 2950 and 2930 resistance levels. This is the third time it's tried break those levels and failed. Pretty much every trader and investor is saying we're in for a big fall after a triple top, just horrible investor sentiment. So get ready for a huge rally tomorrow when Trump claims Forcythia cures Covid. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 4)

Headlines

Top Bottom