The Investment Thread (14 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As for the broader markets, SP closed below 2950 and 2930 resistance levels. This is the third time it's tried break those levels and failed. Pretty much every trader and investor is saying we're in for a big fall after a triple top, just horrible investor sentiment. So get ready for a huge rally tomorrow when Trump claims Forcythia cures Covid. lol
Another relief package is another potential market moving event

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Still a buy at $1.60? Headed to $5 a share?
they have no earnings. This is truly a speculative play. You could see a run up to $2 or so. And when folks get tired and move on to the next penny stock, it could plummet back to $.30 a share. I truly dont think $5 is in play when a company has no earnings or EPS, no dividend, no P/E, no target etc.

average volume is 471k per day. It hit 1.8m just TODAY. thats 4x the 3mo daily average shares being traded. So its being driven by speculation only.

But im also known to be conservative AF lol

If you got $500 or $1,000 laying around, and you like the thrill of gambling, drop it on this, Get that adrenaline flowin lol

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
they have no earnings. This is truly a speculative play. You could see a run up to $2 or so. And when folks get tired and move on to the next penny stock, it could plummet back to $.30 a share. I truly dont think $5 is in play when a company has no earnings or EPS, no dividend, no P/E, no target etc.

average volume is 471k per day. It hit 1.8m just TODAY. thats 4x the 3mo daily average shares being traded. So its being driven by speculation only.

If you got $500 or $1,000 laying around, and you like the thrill of gambling, drop it on this, Get that adrenaline flowin lol
I posted about volume earlier. These aren't spike anomalies, the volume growth has been steady from late April (<200k to now, where 7-day daily average is pushing on 2M). Yes, it's speculation (since when is that a bad thing on Wall Street?) but big gains comes from early ownership (i.e. speculative buying).

They just secured $10M in new funding and are acquisitive (they acquired the Wellness Clinic of Orange County). Their management team is very experienced, with a new CEO who comes from the medical side, but on the business side their principals include former CMO at Merrel (footwear) and President of Red Bull Canada.

I have no idea where the stock is going but this doesn't appear to be a fly-by-night operation.

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Ha! I have about $300 cash laying in Ameritrade. Gonna get it flowin!

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I posted about volume earlier. These aren't spike anomalies, the volume growth has been steady from late April (<200k to now, where 7-day daily average is pushing on 2M). Yes, it's speculation (since when is that a bad thing on Wall Street?) but big gains comes from early ownership (i.e. speculative buying).

They just secured $10M in new funding and are acquisitive (they acquired the Wellness Clinic of Orange County). Their management team is very experienced, with a new CEO who comes from the medical side, but on the business side their principals include former CMO at Merrel (footwear) and President of Red Bull Canada.

I have no idea where the stock is going but this doesn't appear to be a fly-by-night operation.
oh im not attempting to encourage or discourage him. Getting in now and riding to $2.50 would still see a nice return.

No doubt they are solid company. Interest is starting to find them and volume is up.

As i alluded to in my post, my nature is quite conservative. However, that keeps me from very large gains due to my aversion to risk.

I hope for all that this ends up being a nice lil lick.

Ill just live vicariously through yall lolol

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Another relief package is another potential market moving event
It's going to happen but I think there is going to be SO much political back and forth on this one that it's going to take some times. Both parties are really concerned that people will not be able to pay rent. Democrats want to give it to the people so they can pay the rent. Republicans want to give it to real estate companies and banks,

Twitter, FB, Visa and a host of other companies have announced work from home for the forseable future and I really feel like commercial real estate is going to end up seeing the biggest long term impact. There's no way most retail shopping and office space can hold up to numerous major bankruptcies at the same time companies start looking to downsizing office space.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Vaccine experts raise questions about Moderna vaccine cause market to sell off in the afternoon. Moderna shares drop 16%.

Trump vaccine chief had 156,000 shares of Moderna stocks. Wonder when he exercised his options.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's going to happen but I think there is going to be SO much political back and forth on this one that it's going to take some times. Both parties are really concerned that people will not be able to pay rent. Democrats want to give it to the people so they can pay the rent. Republicans want to give it to real estate companies and banks,

Twitter, FB, Visa and a host of other companies have announced work from home for the forseable future and I really feel like commercial real estate is going to end up seeing the biggest long term impact. There's no way most retail shopping and office space can hold up to numerous major bankruptcies at the same time companies start looking to downsizing office space.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a reason SHRMF has such a massive disparity in price/time between Yahoo Finance and Fidelity's website? Seems like Yahoo is waaaay behind, still showing them at $1.73/share, when they're really down to $1.61/share (as of 9:37am Eastern)

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a reason SHRMF has such a massive disparity in price/time between Yahoo Finance and Fidelity's website? Seems like Yahoo is waaaay behind, still showing them at $1.73/share, when they're really down to $1.61/share (as of 9:37am Eastern)
OTC board- its not on one of the 3 main indexes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 5)

Headlines

Top Bottom