The Investment Thread (14 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a reason SHRMF has such a massive disparity in price/time between Yahoo Finance and Fidelity's website? Seems like Yahoo is waaaay behind, still showing them at $1.73/share, when they're really down to $1.61/share (as of 9:37am Eastern)
Yahoo shows 1990s time.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Draftkings has consolidated nicely and looks to be priming up for another breakout. It could always break the other way but given the limited number of puts and a lot of calls it's likely up.

LiveNation is really primed for a big short play but it's got a lot of momentum and Saudi support and if it breaks up could run into the low 50's.

American Airlines has pretty consistently been lagging on up days and leading the way down on red days but has been building in some consolidation and could be ready to pop up. I'm thinking it's ready to tank again though.

Big tech is starting to bust all time highs.

Buying the close and selling the open continues to be a good play.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Draftkings has consolidated nicely and looks to be priming up for another breakout. It could always break the other way but given the limited number of puts and a lot of calls it's likely up.

LiveNation is really primed for a big short play but it's got a lot of momentum and Saudi support and if it breaks up could run into the low 50's.

American Airlines has pretty consistently been lagging on up days and leading the way down on red days but has been building in some consolidation and could be ready to pop up. I'm thinking it's ready to tank again though.

Big tech is starting to bust all time highs.

Buying the close and selling the open continues to be a good play.
FAANG stocks are flying

I have QQQ and SMH - im up almost 30% in both in a matter of 3-4 weeks.

NVIDIA has broken thru its all time highs and is accelerating up.

LiveNation- so my oldest has tickets to Harry Stiles in July in Atlanta. Every event up to 7/27 is cancelled. LiveNation has yet to announce anything. Wondering if they are simply holding out hope it will go on, avoid calling it a "temporary " cancellation to avoid refunds. lol.

bclemms

Reaction score
FAANG stocks are flying

NVIDIA has broken thru its all time highs and is accelerating up.

LiveNation- so my oldest has tickets to Harry Stiles in July in Atlanta. Every event up to 7/27 is cancelled. LiveNation has yet to announce anything. Wondering if they are simply holding out hope it will go on, avoid calling it a "temporary " cancellation to avoid refunds. lol.
Yes, the CEO even says they pretty much have no hope of holding anything with a crowd inside the US in 2020 but they've been holding out as long as possible to issue refunds to the point it's created a few lawsuits along the way.

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the CEO even says they pretty much have no hope of holding anything with a crowd inside the US in 2020 but they've been holding out as long as possible to issue refunds to the point it's created a few lawsuits along the way.
thats kinda what i figured.

She will be bummed. But least we get our $$$ back lol.

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
FacebookShops.

Looks like Zuckerberg fixing to take on Amazon.

With 2.6 b daily users.. Could get interesting. And thru all platforms... (Instagram, what's app, messenger etc)

bclemms

Reaction score
FacebookShops.

With 2.6 b daily users.. Could get interesting. And thru all platforms... (Instagram, what's app, messenger etc)
2.6B daily users, a third of which are bots and no infrastructure, zero. Also Amazon was a big spender on Facebook ads, wonder if that will come to a stop either by Amazon who may see Facebook as competition or vice versa.

It certainly has my interest peaked, much less with the stock and much more with the idea of setting up a shop on Facebook that ties into my WXChasing page since I already have a few hundred thousand followers. Wonder how/if pages will tie into shops. The upside of that would be incredible but the downside risk of people getting Facebook marketed to death could collapse it if they aren't careful.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FacebookShops.

I think that's a pretty risky move. And it's not just Amazon, but also all of the other big box retailers out there. Walmart, Target and such. It could work, but would require changing behavior. It took years and years for Amazon to do it, and Facebook would have their work cut out for them to monetize their platform in that way. Doable, but a huge hill to climb imo.

bclemms

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty risky move. And it's not just Amazon, but also all of the other big box retailers out there. Walmart, Target and such. It could work, but would require changing behavior. It took years and years for Amazon to do it, and Facebook would have their work cut out for them to monetize their platform in that way. Doable, but a huge hill to climb imo.
I doubt they start from scratch and not sure they'll actually be a retailer, they probably just want to scrape a few cents off of the top of third party sellers. If that is the case then the upside is pretty limited given everyone else is doing the same. If they are going to try and compete with Amazon as a direct seller then they'll probably be in the aquisition business very soon to build a distribution platform. I literally could see places like Facebook and Amazon buying up entire malls for distribution and pickup centers as well as Actual stores in some markets.

Market share is moving at warp speed right now.

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
2.6B daily users, a third of which are bots and no infrastructure, zero. Also Amazon was a big spender on Facebook ads, wonder if that will come to a stop either by Amazon who may see Facebook as competition or vice versa.

It certainly has my interest peaked, much less with the stock and much more with the idea of setting up a shop on Facebook that ties into my WXChasing page since I already have a few hundred thousand followers. Wonder how/if pages will tie into shops. The upside of that would be incredible but the downside risk of people getting Facebook marketed to death could collapse it if they aren't careful.
I'm guessing this is going to tie into Facebook Libra... The cryptocurrency they announced to launch in 2020.

They have partnered with Shopify and payments thru Stripe. Charging a. 30 transaction fee.

If you have 2% of 1.8b users (subtracting. 8b for bots) that's 36mm transactions a day x. 30 fee for 10mm in revenue per day.

I don't know enough about the analytics with FB, but they do and if done right, could be another revenue stream.

If they tie in with Libra, they control the method in which you buy. You can still buy w credit, but then subjected to cc fee and FB transaction fee.

Just reading up on all this tonite.

bclemms

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is going to tie into Facebook Libra... The cryptocurrency they announced to launch in 2020.

They have partnered with Shopify and payments thru Stripe. Charging a. 30 transaction fee.

If you have 2% of 1.8b users (subtracting. 8b for bots) that's 36mm transactions a day x. 30 fee for 10mm in revenue per day.

I don't know enough about the analytics with FB, but they do and if done right, could be another revenue stream.

If they tie in with Libra, they control the method in which you buy. You can still buy w credit, but then subjected to cc fee and FB transaction fee.

Just reading up on all this tonite.
No doubt a lot of potential is there. Just the question whether they are going after Amazon or if they are more into going after credit card companies. paypal and ebay. The real driver will ultimately be their AI program that can drive people to precise products in their own ad profiles.

The other part is Facebook has really built this massive platform with the perfect consumer. The average Facebook user is middle aged, they are quite impulsive, don't do much research and tend to have herd mentality. Don't get me wrong, with Billions of users it's going to have some diversity but there is little question about what demographic drives FB. The younger version of these people go to IG so they have that locked up too.

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No doubt a lot of potential is there. Just the question whether they are going after Amazon or if they are more into going after credit card companies. paypal and ebay. The real driver will ultimately be their AI program that can drive people to precise products in their own ad profiles.

The other part is Facebook has really built this massive platform with the perfect consumer. The average Facebook user is middle aged, they are quite impulsive, don't do much research and tend to have herd mentality. Don't get me wrong, with Billions of users it's going to have some diversity but there is little question about what demographic drives FB. The younger version of these people go to IG so they have that locked up too.

I think the headlines were that simply to drum up readers.

yeah im willing to bet some serious research was done into analytics and psychology to arrive here.

Stock is starting to climb.

bclemms

Reaction score
Huge drop in NUGT this morning, buying the dip here with caution as sentiment changing from an inflationary environment on the backside of this to a long term deflationary environment could make Gold fall through the floor.

bclemms

Reaction score
Bond market is starting to see some pressure again today, that and gold is signaling increased volatility. Also seeing a lot of buying of the really beaten up stuff. Very odd combo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 3)

Headlines

Top Bottom