The Investment Thread (2 Viewers)

I decided to cancel my market order for GILD before the market opened, so glad I did!

I have come to he conclusion that I am Clark Griswald when it comes to playing the stock market, and in this case the dealer is the aftermarket...bwahahahahahaha

At least I can laugh about it!

I sold my airline stocks (DAL, UAL, LUV) bought 2 days ago today before closing for some nice gains. All cash now and looking to buy airlines again when they pull back.

Perhaps some reality starting to come in. The ECB says Europe faces a recession of "unprecedented speed." More than 30 million Americans have lost their jobs since the beginning of March.

Will the market even bother to notice?

Perhaps some reality starting to come in. The ECB says Europe faces a recession of "unprecedented speed." More than 30 million Americans have lost their jobs since the beginning of March.

Will the market even bother to notice?
Boeing just turned in one of the worst quarters in the history of the stock market. It went up 4%.
Twitter just turned in a really incredible quarter. They are down 6% in premarket.

So if your telling me the economy is about to blow up like a 737 Max then I suggest you buy stock.

Boeing just turned in one of the worst quarters in the history of the stock market. It went up 4%.
Twitter just turned in a really incredible quarter. They are down 6% in premarket.

So if your telling me the economy is about to blow up like a 737 Max then I suggest you buy stock.

Twitter pre-market action is just ridiculous.

Tesla is about to set new record highs in premarket. That whole not being able to make cars, cheap gas, 30% unemployment and no inventory is very attractive for expensive alternative energy cars.

not only that, they trimmed forecast as well.

RDS just gave back all my increase on the heels of slashing its dividend for the FIRST TIME since WWII.

It just feels like an awful lot of people are just making trades rather than investments. Which is artificially moving prices in a sense. And also why you're getting these weird movements that seem opposites of conventional wisdom. If a had a lot of money to mess around with, I'd be doing the same thing though. :hihi:

It just feels like an awful lot of people are just making trades rather than investments. Which is artificially moving prices in a sense. And also why you're getting these weird movements that seem opposites of conventional wisdom. If a had a lot of money to mess around with, I'd be doing the same thing though. :hihi:

Yeah and the quants/bots are going crazy with all of the swings. Lots of shadowy forces behind the scenes.

With no guidance and people disregarding earnings the market is trading on technicals. It's pretty easy money day trading right now. Pick a handful of stocks, put buy orders in at hard support levels and buy orders in at hard resistance levels and you'll make money. Oil market has been particularly fun. I did really well on the initial dive down, lost some back on the rebound but since I've started day trading it's been easy money. Just sniping 1-2% gains and losses really the only way to play this trash. I'd love to short the hell out of the market right now but I'm fighting the Fed and Mo.

Dow up 466, I'm jumping in front of the train and moving in big on SDOW again. No way this level is sustainable. I don't think we'll crash anytime soon, just think a 5-10% pullback has to happen. Way too much bad news is getting overlooked and it's rallying too hard on small news. The perfect example was the Malaria Drug. Dow moved up 600 points when Trump was pushing it as a miracle drug. Few days ago all trials came to an end and FDA pulled the drug because the typical outcome was death. Can't get news much worse than that. On that news the DOW still went up some. I think we're getting close to the point where everyone suddenly starts looking around and is like what have we done?

1588267152788.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom