The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

I peel the casing off the sausage and then mix by hand with the ground turkey. I've also done this with Italian sausage. There's some added fat which keeps the burger moist.

Yeah, I would have to thaw the frozen turkey burger patties in order to mix them. And yeah, one of the drawbacks of the turkey is that it can be a little dry. The sausage is a nice idea. Thanks.

Seems like the market is going to creep up for a couple of weeks. Oil might sustain its rally on early signs of demand increases and people are going to want to be optimistic. Maybe they're right to be - maybe not but I think there's going to be a data gap here.

Evidence of new outbreaks (that many think are likely) will take a few weeks, at minimum, to show up. Maybe they come or maybe they don't, but it seems like either way, 'cautiously optimistic' will be the posture (barring some kind of jolting new data) in the next two to three weeks, that might sustain itself by bringing in conservative money from the sideline that can't afford to miss it if it is a real rally. The Q1 stuff is digested, and Q2 doesn't end for six more weeks.

Might be really choppy if people have itchy trigger fingers.

Seems like the market is going to creep up for a couple of weeks. Oil might sustain its rally on early signs of demand increases and people are going to want to be optimistic. Maybe they're right to be - maybe not but I think there's going to be a data gap here.

Evidence of new outbreaks (that many think are likely) will take a few weeks, at minimum, to show up. Maybe they come or maybe they don't, but it seems like either way, 'cautiously optimistic' will be the posture (barring some kind of jolting new data) in the next two to three weeks, that might sustain itself by bringing in conservative money from the sideline that can't afford to miss it if it is a real rally. The Q1 stuff is digested, and Q2 doesn't end for six more weeks.

Might be really choppy if people have itchy trigger fingers.

In his presser today, Trump skipped right past Q2 in his replies regarding economy and touted Q3 and Q4. As if Q2 is a lost cause and just don't mention or pay any attention, and maybe market won't react when Q2 earnings and forecasts arrive.

And that's in a perfect scenario where covid simply disappears. It's not.

This act of completely ignoring Q2 and focusing on Q3 and 4 could have some dire consequences for his bid if we have some spikes thru summer that cause major companies to be frugal going fwd thru 2020.

So many variables to this.

In his presser today, Trump skipped right past Q2 in his replies regarding economy and touted Q3 and Q4. As if Q2 is a lost cause and just don't mention or pay any attention, and maybe market won't react when Q2 earnings and forecasts arrive.

And that's in a perfect scenario where covid simply disappears. It's not.

This act of completely ignoring Q2 and focusing on Q3 and 4 could have some dire consequences for his bid if we have some spikes thru summer that cause major companies to be frugal going fwd thru 2020.

So many variables to this.

Agree, but people can be in la-la-land for at least a two and possibly beyond six more weeks. I'm not seeing any bumps in the road for the very near term. Maybe some unseen bumps, maybe not.

Agree, but people can be in la-la-land for at least a two and possibly beyond six more weeks. I'm not seeing any bumps in the road for the very near term. Maybe some unseen bumps, maybe not.
The biggest thing to slow the market down right now are resistance levels on the S&P and cases already starting to spike on reopening economies.

Some dumb guy with a foreign accent just got on CNBC and said you can't kill the virus with money. Of course, all the analysts quickly corrected him.

Day trading this market has certainly been the way to go. BYND and DKNG have been fun rides the last week and will likely run some more looking at option chains.

I'm starting to think we're in for a second dip. Maybe not as extreme as last time.

For now I'm holding off to see what the policymakers do. So far they have shown that they're willing to inject as much liquidity as necessary in order to keep the market going. If that changes, I'll probably do some profit taking and sit on the sidelines for a bit.

Fed announced that they will start to purchase ETFs invested in corporate debt and another fed program that will buy debt directly from issuers will start soon. They are doing everything to keep the market afloat.

Fed announced that they will start to purchase ETFs invested in corporate debt and another fed program that will buy debt directly from issuers will start soon. They are doing everything to keep the market afloat.

That actually bothers me a lot more than the other stuff going on in the markets. Sooner or later they're gonna run out of arrows. This just reeks of desperation. Not a confidence builder imo.

Well, the timing of yours post after mine was pretty good.

That actually bothers me a lot more than the other stuff going on in the markets. Sooner or later they're gonna run out of arrows. This just reeks of desperation. Not a confidence builder imo.
Bothers me too. It has never been doing before and I am not sure about the legality of it.

The nation’s top health officials warned on Tuesday the U.S. risks new outbreaks of coronavirus and possibly a broad resurgence if states and cities reopen too quickly. And they cautioned that neither a vaccine, nor surefire treatments would be available when schools are slated to reopen in the fall — a grim reminder that life would not soon return to normal even if Americans resume their routines.

That isn't reassuring, but it's probably accurate. I think it signals a longer term fight on this so the market needs to be aware that things could certainly take a step back pretty quickly.

Was holding TZA and VIIX today (held them through the close) which saved me from going red in the late sell off. Made huge gains on BYND and DKNG run up but gave some back when they broke resistance levels this afternoon. Held them through the night as well and worried about those.

AAL and LYV paid nice today, closed out LYV at the bell. Closed out AAL on a drop down this morning with the intention of reapplying the short but no shares were available to short and probably going to regret it.

I was expecting a pull back after hitting really strong resistance levels on S&P but not that big of a pull back, thinking that today's sell off into the close may be something bigger than just a slump but the last time I thought that it went up a ton the next day. Overall, I'm really confident we see a big sell off in the markets. Just not sure if that will be tomorrow or October. FED is making it really difficult to make money and the insider trading is running wild through the markets right now. Seeing so much shady stuff happening everywhere.

Was holding TZA and VIIX today (held them through the close) which saved me from going red in the late sell off. Made huge gains on BYND and DKNG run up but gave some back when they broke resistance levels this afternoon. Held them through the night as well and worried about those.

AAL and LYV paid nice today, closed out LYV at the bell. Closed out AAL on a drop down this morning with the intention of reapplying the short but no shares were available to short and probably going to regret it.

I was expecting a pull back after hitting really strong resistance levels on S&P but not that big of a pull back, thinking that today's sell off into the close may be something bigger than just a slump but the last time I thought that it went up a ton the next day. Overall, I'm really confident we see a big sell off in the markets. Just not sure if that will be tomorrow or October. FED is making it really difficult to make money and the insider trading is running wild through the markets right now. Seeing so much shady stuff happening everywhere.

Good talk on Cnbc this afternoon. Basically those who took a bath in March have seen a 50 percent recoup. If signals are showing a pull back, are they skittish to the point they want to collect on that recoup? If so, market selling begins in earnest and we start to see that negative feeling return.

Back to March where market reactions to covid daily news was a big deal.

Don't know if you caught Boeing CEO today, but his comments were quite surprising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom