The Investment Thread (4 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
lol, I hadn't even looked at that stock in a couple weeks. Yikes!

I'm tucking it away for the long haul. Boom or bust.
Yeah it's a long play. I think they're doing new financing and the share price on those deals is below $1, so it's driving price down. Normal cycle.

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Champignon Brands Inc has been served a Cease Trade Order, not really certain what that means for the long run...

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Champignon Brands Inc has been served a Cease Trade Order, not really certain what that means for the long run...

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I ended up limping back into the market after I sold awhile back. Gave up about half of my gains that I made from selling in February and buying back in near the bottom. :mad:

Never fight the FED, boys. Lesson learned. I'm all the way back in. Let the printing presses continue.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I ended up limping back into the market after I sold awhile back. Gave up about half of my gains that I made from selling in February and buying back in near the bottom. :mad:

Never fight the FED, boys. Lesson learned. I'm all the way back in. Let the printing presses continue.
I can't. I probably should but I can't.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fox ran an interview where Peter Navarro said the China deal is over and Dow future dropped 400 points. He corrected himself after Fox ran the interview and Dow future recovered. Trump also sent out a tweet about it. We may see some wild swings tomorrow.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fox ran an interview where Peter Navarro said the China deal is over and Dow future dropped 400 points. He corrected himself after Fox ran the interview and Dow future recovered. Trump also sent out a tweet about it. We may see some wild swings tomorrow.
Oh goody, more market manipulaion. It's stark naked at this point.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I was watching that. Seemed crafted to test market reactions. Guess they didn't like the reaction so it's probably off the table.

Trump will be swinging for the fences, I just don't see how he has any chance of keeping the race close. China is one of the only issues that has bipartisan support so volatility is certainly here to stay a while. Whether it's in the 20's or the 40's I don't think we'll see low teens on the VIX again until next summer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom