The Investment Thread (17 Viewers)

I got in DAL around 18, and just now sold at 36. Might buy back in after it dips.

Other airline stocks I am thinking of are AZUL and LTM, anyone else looking at these?
I was thinking about hopping in on LTM. What are your thoughts on it? They filed bankruptcy a couple of weeks ago.

I was thinking about hopping in on LTM. What are your thoughts on it? They filed bankruptcy a couple of weeks ago.

Yep it is risky, so I only bought a little bit of it. I am gambling that they will be considered too necessary to let fail, and will be propped up by the Chilean government.

SP at the 3200 resistance level right now. If it closes over 3200 then look for Monday to pull back and test it as support. If it holds then the markets are going to continue having huge tailwind. If it can't break and hold it today then could be at a dangerous spot. Thats what technicals say

SP at the 3200 resistance level right now. If it closes over 3200 then look for Monday to pull back and test it as support. If it holds then the markets are going to continue having huge tailwind. If it can't break and hold it today then could be at a dangerous spot. Thats what technicals say

been sideways at 3200 for over an hour now.

Should make for an interesting final 15 min of trading today.

I got in DAL around 18, and just now sold at 36. Might buy back in after it dips.

Other airline stocks I am thinking of are AZUL and LTM, anyone else looking at these?
Didn't LTM file for bankruptcy? At least the South American part, right?

I'd be wary of anyone not named Delta, Southwest or Alaskan.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics made an error on April and May unemployment numbers.
I'm sure it was completely accidental, that's a pretty epic mistake. I'm sure the markets will rally on the positive incorrect news and ignore the negative real news.

Man, that mistake cost me a ton of money today. Could have hit a home run with GAP if the jobs report was correct on top of a horribly missed earnings and news of them not paying rent. System is rigged.

Also should be an investigation onto large money buying causing the 500 point reversal in futures market just before the jobs report was released. All those other problems in society will never get fixed as long as we continue overlooking that kind of corruption.

I've been so busy, I'm only just now checking the markets.

I went from shaking in my boots, to a healthy profit for DAL. DFS has finally gotten back in the green. I should have bought on the dip, but I really didn't think we'd climb out that fast in Financials.

1591384217005.png

Didn't LTM file for bankruptcy? At least the South American part, right?

I'd be wary of anyone not named Delta, Southwest or Alaskan.

Yep, gambling a bit that Chilean govt will not let them fail. I put just a little money in them.

been sideways at 3200 for over an hour now.

Should make for an interesting final 15 min of trading today.
If it doesn't break then it will likely give it one more good test next week. If that holds and forms a double top then it could get ugly. Hence the reason I just sold everything when SP was a few points away from 3200 morning. I understand the technicals but sometimes they are dumb. a few thousand point move in the DOW can literally depend on the just the right news at just the right time. It could be by chance we got that amazing (but inaccurate) job report this morning so perfectly timed on a Friday just under such key resistance levels. lol

So far this market has rallied 2000 points on Hydroxychloriquine news and 1000 points on inaccurate jobs data without giving any back. When everyone is looking around thinking the Dow is overbought by about 3k, that is why. I'll either hop back in after it breaks and retests 3200 or if it can't break 3200 on a 2nd attempt will go short. Sure as sheet can't rely on earnings right now.

Cool the books on a Friday and hope they forget by Monday.

Oh someone forgot.

I bought BA on a 2-3 year play - i had zero anticipation of the last 2 days and now really trying hard to not liquidate today.

Oh someone forgot.

I bought BA on a 2-3 year play - i had zero anticipation of the last 2 days and now really trying hard to not liquidate today.
You can always do a bit of both.. sell off some profits now, if they dip again, buy back in. If they keep going up, well, then you just limited your top side.

I'm actually having that debate with DAL now.. I already sold about 25% of what I had.. too early.. ha... at 31-32/share, now it's hovering around 36/share.

I just have a feeling we're going to see a W curve at some point, and we're on the first up swing. But maybe I should just be patient.

You can always do a bit of both.. sell off some profits now, if they dip again, buy back in. If they keep going up, well, then you just limited your top side.

I'm actually having that debate with DAL now.. I already sold about 25% of what I had.. too early.. ha... at 31-32/share, now it's hovering around 36/share.

I just have a feeling we're going to see a W curve at some point, and we're on the first up swing. But maybe I should just be patient.

I took it. Just sold at $230. Bought on Thursday 6/3 at $180. Thats insanity. So i sold half my position, retained half and wont look at it for few years now.

This one was pure freakin luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom