The Investment Thread (10 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why is Discover (DFS) getting hammered today?

Derp.. never mind.. overall market sell off.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Talk about a missed opportunity. Dell announces that it may spin off VMware, or buy it out completely (not happening), or do nothing. Basically Dell said nothing and the stock shot up almost $14 in after hours trading. I sold at $154 and it was up to $161.95 today. Now it's settled back to $152 ish.

Personally, I'm really hoping Dell spins off VMW. But, from what I read, they can't do it until Sept next year or they'll take a huge tax hit. I really do like Michael Dell and his strategy but there have been issues. A reverse takeover may work but IMO it only works if VMware's CEO takes over as CEO of the overall company with Michael Dell being chairman of the board.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Bed bath and Beyond.

Retail store which has gotten hammered with shutdowns and one I've been shorting for years.

I'm changing my tune. They've steadily gotten better with online sales and I'm starting to think if home improvement is such a big thing as well as e-commerce then why wouldn't BBBY work? Home sales are good, people have to fill those homes. People are fixing up the outside of their homes, why not the inside? I'm buying the dip here. Think their earnings may surprise in a couple weeks.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

This is more for folks who travel from NO to Houston. $39 fares...

bclemms

Reaction score

This is more for folks who travel from NO to Houston. $39 fares...
I love the way they call it a fare war. It's actually called not price fixing and will be the first time I've seen the airlines legally pricing tickets in at least 5 years.

bclemms

Reaction score
Do any of y’all listen to RobinHood Snacks podcast?
No but I am interested. I've been using the robintrack website more to observe than anything. There is some big time pumping and dumping going on with a lot of the penny stocks. It's rare I mess with them and when I do it's slip a little away for long holds when I like the company or purely betting. The other bigger stocks on Robintracker have been some of the biggest moving stocks in the market over the past few years so either there is more money moving in those robinhood accounts than people think or they're really good at picking stocks.

Charlie Brizzown

Used to fish
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No but I am interested. I've been using the robintrack website more to observe than anything. There is some big time pumping and dumping going on with a lot of the penny stocks. It's rare I mess with them and when I do it's slip a little away for long holds when I like the company or purely betting. The other bigger stocks on Robintracker have been some of the biggest moving stocks in the market over the past few years so either there is more money moving in those robinhood accounts than people think or they're really good at picking stocks.
I opened the Robinhood app today to poke around trying to figure out how so many of their users end up pouring into a stock all at once. The Robintrack seems a little too late for me.

El Caliente

Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
The RobinHood snacks Podcasts are brief (17-25 min), and just go over 3 items to keep an eye on. They aren’t a research report or investment advice, but if you listen to the podcast and track the stocks they talk about you see a pop in those stocks. That does nothing for me since I am in banking and have to hold stocks for 30 days, but if you can move in and out of stocks same day, then it’s an easy way to flip a stock for a small profit.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Big hit to BYND, McDonald's trial was not successful and will not carry the brand.

figures.

i swear...i know Bayou said soon as he bought it would go down....but im the KING of buying in and then down.

sheesh.

so i just bought more to dollar cost average - my loss lol

Last edited:

bclemms

Reaction score
Nasdaq down, dow is up. Could be the beginning of another rotation from tech to beaten up stocks. Support at SP 3020 is the 50 day moving average get below that and it's going to fall fast. 3055 is resistance, get above it and going to get a tailwind. Very tricky to with virus exploding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Headlines

Top Bottom