The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Dow hit 27k a week ago, big surprise for me. People I have listened to in the past are hinting on a huge depression coming soon, but there are probably views on the opposite side also.

I'm in bomb shelter mode, but fear a large rally upwards might happen, since things are a little crazy. In either way the market turns, it feels good to be safe.

1592243773613.png

Dow hit 27k a week ago, big surprise for me. People I have listened to in the past are hinting on a huge depression coming soon, but there are probably views on the opposite side also.

I'm in bomb shelter mode, but fear a large rally upwards might happen, since things are a little crazy. In either way the market turns, it feels good to be safe.

1592243773613.png

the views from the opposite side are directly related to November 2020.

Based on a Trump victory? Market leaped for joy when he won his first term, that was for sure. 2017 was a happy year in the DOW.

no the current admin will do everything in its purview to maintain the market leading into election season.

Not a single incumbent has won re election in a depression.

no the current admin will do everything in its purview to maintain the market leading into election season.

Not a single incumbent has won re election in a depression.

So, you think the fallout will happen in November? This is just a pep rally of sorts?

So, you think the fallout will happen in November? This is just a pep rally of sorts?

The fallout is starting...then we get moves by the Fed to counter-act that fall. This will continue.

Same reason they are already discussing v4.0 of stimulus later this summer. When q2 results start to roll in as empirical evidence of what March and April did, when businesses realize that regardless of PPP/SBA loans, they simply cannot operate at a profit in this environment and they start filing Chapter 7, that will be another crisis. Waves of crisis.
Followed by waves of moves by Fed to offset.

The fallout is starting...then we get moves by the Fed to counter-act that fall. This will continue.

Same reason they are already discussing v4.0 of stimulus later this summer. When q2 results start to roll in as empirical evidence of what March and April did, when businesses realize that regardless of PPP/SBA loans, they simply cannot operate at a profit in this environment and they start filing Chapter 7, that will be another crisis. Waves of crisis.
Followed by waves of moves by Fed to offset.

The Fed owns all assets at this point, there is no question in my mind. Despite the negative view points, still thinking it's possible that the Fed buys out the people with Universal Basic Income. That is pretty much the last thing they don't own, is the people.

it's possible that the Fed buys out the people with Universal Basic Income.

This is the only answer.. I’ve been saying it for months, like Andrew Yang before me.. there are just too many disasters in the making; landlords kicking out renters all over the nation, since the landlords are assuming that *everyone* is receiving $600 add’l per wk UI, when i fact millions of people have fallen through the cracks.. also homeowners who have lost their jobs and wont be able to pay their mortgage once UI runs out in 6 weeks from now.. gotta put money directly into people’s pockets, like Yang was saying .. was gonna happen in 10 years anyway, Covid will accelerate it.

This is the only answer.. I’ve been saying it for months, like Andrew Yang before me.. there are just too many disasters in the making; landlords kicking out renters all over the nation, since the landlords are assuming that *everyone* is receiving $600 add’l per wk UI, when i fact millions of people have fallen through the cracks.. also homeowners who have lost their jobs and wont be able to pay their mortgage once UI runs out in 6 weeks from now.. gotta put money directly into people’s pockets, like Yang was saying .. was gonna happen in 10 years anyway, Covid will accelerate it.
It goes against every basic law of free economics. If we go that route we are going to be playing Russian Roulette with the dollar.

The batshirt crazy part of this whole thing is we opted to do all this instead of be embarrased to buy some tests from Germany or request them for free from the WHO in February then decided to push the agenda that it is unconstitutional to wear masks.

Fed's balance sheet looks like a shopaholic's credit card after a bender.

It goes against every basic law of free economics. If we go that route we are going to be playing Russian Roulette with the dollar.

The batshirt crazy part of this whole thing is we opted to do all this instead of be embarrased to buy some tests from Germany or request them for free from the WHO in February then decided to push the agenda that it is unconstitutional to wear masks.

Fed's balance sheet looks like a shopaholic's credit card after a bender.

I suspect the Fed doesn't know what a balance sheet looks like.

In an ideal world, i would agree with you.. obviously the world we’re living in is far from ideal.

Yang’s argument dating back to last year is that jobs are being automated/disappearing at such a fast clip that if UBI wasn’t instituted in 10 or 15 yrs, there wouldnt be nearly enough jobs for all of the people who need them.. prime example is that truck driving is the #1 blue collar job in America, and in the next decade most semi’s will be self-driving.. This was what his entire campaign platform was predicated on, and it was before anyone in America ahead ever heard the words Covid Nineteen.... Now, we have the same problem, but it’s here now, and not in a decade.. Would UBI run the national debt into the trillions? Absolutely.. but what’s the alternative? Homelessness at sky-high levels, people (including children) going hungry in the richest nation in the history of human civilization, pain and suffering on an unimaginable scale.. We’ll be leaving a hell of a bill for our grandchildren’s grandchildren, no doubt.. but like anything else, people have to make unappetizing choices at times, and sometimes we will all have to eat a **** sandwich.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom