The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

BYND is on a tear again.

I'm going short everything else. I'll probably get burned betting against this zombie fed market but don't much care.

Yep totally missed my entry point Monday- Moved offices and was so wrapped up in that totally didnt pull the trigger on it.

so now i get to watch it and only fantasize of what could have been....im romantic like that lol

Yep totally missed my entry point Monday- Moved offices and was so wrapped up in that totally didnt pull the trigger on it.

so now i get to watch it and only fantasize of what could have been....im romantic like that lol
It'll dip big again. Typically does it a couple days after a big run then consolidates and runs again.

It'll dip big again. Typically does it a couple days after a big run then consolidates and runs again.
What do you think is a good sell point.. just hit 165/share. Where is the resistance level?

What do you think is a good sell point.. just hit 165/share. Where is the resistance level?
$165 but if breaks through that then it's in a full on breakout. Last time it broke $165 (more than a year ago) it ran to $230.

It broke 165, then retreated to 162-163
It's somewhere in that $165 level give or take a buck or two. If it breaks that resistance level you'll know it.

Edit: just pulled the charts. Looks like resistance is closer to $167.30. Secondary resistance at $176 but it's weak and very old. After that next resistance level is $235 but it's also very old and the stock's all time high.

Last edited:
It's somewhere in that $165 level give or take a buck or two. If it breaks that resistance level you'll know it.

Edit: just pulled the charts. Looks like resistance is closer to $167.30. Secondary resistance at $176 but it's weak and very old. After that next resistance level is $235 but it's also very old and the stock's all time high.
I just sold half at 165.01. ha.

I just sold half at 165.01. ha.
Probably not a bad move. It's got to get past weaker resistance around $165.80 to get to the main resistance level and it's already up 8%. I also halved my shares at $165. If it hits $168 then I'll buy back in or if it gets a dip down in the mid 150's I'll buy back in. It's how I've been playing this stock for over a month and it's worked well so not going to change now.

I think I missed the window on BYND at its current stock price. I like the product and grilled Beyond Burgers yesterday. Their frozen crumbles are good as well but 10oz packaging needs to go to 12oz. The grocery pricing for BYND ground is all over the place right now. I have seen prices range from $6.99/lb on sale to $8.99/lb usually to $10.50/lb. BYND is typically selling for $8.99/lb vs $3.99/lb for 80/20 ground beef and $4.99 for 93/7 in my area. It yields like 93/7 so you are paying a $4 premium for the vegetarian option but only $2 for the on sale pack. If we see a protracted recession, people might eat 80/20 and save $5. I wish Impossible was public because they are the better product for taste and texture and long-term might pull more converts. BYND has the market saturation over Impossible.

On May 11th BYND was at 130 when I posted this. I wish I had just bought then. I'm in at 157.

The last 3 times I have had "ground beef" it's been either BYND, MLFMF's Litelife crumbles, or KHC Boca's crumbles. BYND is the pure play and the only one of the three that has a product I would put on a grill for a cookout. In a "meat" sauce with pasta or "ground beef" tacos, I can use anything and be fine. Not dealing with grease, having a 3 min cook time vs a 12 min cook time for beef, and the health difference makes the choice/change easier.

BYND is pricing a value pack at $1.14 over the per pound price of ground beef.

Air Travel still mostly trending in the right direction.

1592418800075.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom