The Investment Thread (4 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good time to pick up their dress shirts on the cheap though... right?

I actually got my last suit from Men's Ware house last winter. A nice navy one. Spent enough, that I got a $60 coupon to use, so when the pandemic hit, I saw that they had a 3 shirts for the price of one deal, ($99), and snagged up some new threads... I've only worn them like once or twice though. ha.

3+ shirts for $25 each now, ties are half off.. other sales.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The name has me lol.

EMTY ( as in the stores its betting against ).
Yeah, I remember when they launched it. The rep was on CNBC and saying that malls were becoming ghost-towns, so they named it EMTY ("empty").

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BYND ER is tomorrow. I am holding long and has been hammered. Hoping for a nice pop.
saw a 5% today leading into earnings so take that fwiw.

i always get skittish when a stock pops day before/day of earnings.

guess we will know more tomorrow at 3:15 CST . lol

Id be more than happy to see it start a slow but steady climb.

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
saw a 5% today leading into earnings so take that fwiw.

i always get skittish when a stock pops day before/day of earnings.

guess we will know more tomorrow at 3:15 CST . lol

Id be more than happy to see it start a slow but steady climb.
Welp seen this too many times...

Down 8 after hours on earnings.

Run ups are never good to me before earnings.

Hopefully will flatten some at open and turn positive and start a slow steady climb.

Crazy.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
PBW is sitting above $50/share... I bought in around $25... green energy seems to be the place, but I'm expecting a pull back? Time to take the near 100% profit?

I pulled out of the S&P500 thinking this second wave was going to put a dent in the market.. it has shrugged it off. It's crazy.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BYND...

Looks like the market was spooked by their costs going up and having to replace about 50% of their sales (restaurants) with whole sale and walmart, etc.

I read an article from Reuters from my Fidelity account, but they never copy over correctly... too much embedded code.

Charlie Brizzown

Good grief
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
PBW is sitting above $50/share... I bought in around $25... green energy seems to be the place, but I'm expecting a pull back? Time to take the near 100% profit?

I pulled out of the S&P500 thinking this second wave was going to put a dent in the market.. it has shrugged it off. It's crazy.
Maybe take out your initial investment and free ride it?

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
BYND...

Looks like the market was spooked by their costs going up and having to replace about 50% of their sales (restaurants) with whole sale and walmart, etc.

I read an article from Reuters from my Fidelity account, but they never copy over correctly... too much embedded code.
Correct. And the costs associated with that were what was the issue.

However, the good news....its a long play and once the restaurant industry returns sometime in 2021 or so, BYND will be in a really good position.

Just pains me to have a stock run up into earnings only to be yanked back on a good earnings call.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score

I've been seeing more and more from various sites, including through my Schwab account, saying more and more about future investing in green energy and other ESG ETFs and stocks. Any thoughts on these?

Granted, I already have stock in some that would classify as an ESG, but is the future strong for these ETFs popping up?

efil4stnias

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been seeing more and more from various sites, including through my Schwab account, saying more and more about future investing in green energy and other ESG ETFs and stocks. Any thoughts on these?

Granted, I already have stock in some that would classify as an ESG, but is the future strong for these ETFs popping up?
I think with a Biden Presidency, this will become a talking point once again ( post Covid )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Taysom Hill, weapon or investment? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Ravens vs. Chiefs: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Packers: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Analysis ***Official Packers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2704
Week 3 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 3 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 56
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Saints vs. Raiders: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw This Thread is dedicated to Raiderjoe and Drumsky Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
Patriots vs. Seahawks: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 229
Bill Humor ***The Official Atlanta Falcons MEME Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 72
Week 2 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 2 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0