The Investment Thread (5 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hold on for this ride, folks. Friday might be a doozy of a day...

The jobs number was quite a bit below expectation - that's driving markets more that DJT Covid, I think. Though the uncertainty with the president having it isn't helping.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been wanting to add more to PBW. Ive been waiting for a pull back (missed the no deal announcement), but they keep climbing. Wish I jumped in this last month... it is up almost 16-17 bucks a share. Like 55%. What's the ceiling on this?

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Limit order for RKT triggered today at 20.76. Partnering with Intuit Mint and their 15M users to sell their services could pay off. Speed and low hassle with typically higher credit score users could help them continue to grow market share.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
Reaction score
Limit order for RKT triggered today at 20.76. Partnering with Intuit Mint and their 15M users to sell their services could pay off. Speed and low hassle with typically higher credit score users could help them continue to grow market share.
ive been liking Rocket Mortgage since IPO.

The home market refi and new is really hot ( esp refi ) with low rates.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
PBW taking a hit today. Looks like a lot of the sector is.

Might be a buying opportunity. It has raced up a lot though.

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Is this the start of the double dip in response to exponential Covid spread? Dow was down as much as 700. European lockdowns will hurt and people are talking recession for Europe. Stimulus in the US looks dead until January.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Is this the start of the double dip in response to exponential Covid spread? Dow was down as much as 700. European lockdowns will hurt and people are talking recession for Europe. Stimulus in the US looks dead until January.
More so to do with election day uncertainty, being so close. I expect to see the market tumble pretty big this week. Friday may be the biggest tumble day of the week. Just a hunch. We’ll see. But I am all cash ATM, until things settle down after the election.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
More so to do with election day uncertainty, being so close. I expect to see the market tumble pretty big this week. Friday may be the biggest tumble day of the week. Just a hunch. We’ll see. But I am all cash ATM, until things settle down after the election.
Covid climbing, stimulus stalled.

It's pretty much just that.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Covid climbing, stimulus stalled.

It's pretty much just that.
I think there's gonna be a ton of volatility until there's a clear outcome with the election. The market hates uncertainty, and I don't see any certainty coming for at least another 2 weeks. Possibly longer.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I think there's gonna be a ton of volatility until there's a clear outcome with the election. The market hates uncertainty, and I don't see any certainty coming for at least another 2 weeks. Possibly longer.
I don't think the election matters on the overall market. It matters for certain sectors.

It's all about covid and stimulus and both are going the wrong way for the market. Sold everything I had last week and went short on oil. The denial has been like February all over again. Hopefully this time I don't hold short too long and do more DCA on the way down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)