The Investment Thread (5 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Both AMZN and APPL came out with good ERs yesterday but APPL is down almost 6% and AMZN is down 4%. Doesn't look good for overall market short term.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
Reaction score
Both AMZN and APPL came out with good ERs yesterday but APPL is down almost 6% and AMZN is down 4%. Doesn't look good for overall market short term.
Q3 results have always perplexed me.

2-3 years back FB was poised to break out. Had a massive q3 result and instead lost almost $12 a share ( when it was around $130 ) and i sold off that thinking if the market is selling on great results, gotta mean something bigger comin.

Same scenario now- APPL, MSFT, AMZN...shoot everything. Too much downward pressure i guess. Couple with complete lack of Congress to even consider some sort of stimulus, spiking COVID cases that could lead to regional shut downs...

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I’m going to hold onto my TSLA and AAPL for now- but man, they are both looking as ugly as I’ve ever seen them.... I guess this is what happens when you have a still-raging pandemic with no federal stimulus or help or plan for several months.

efil4stnias

Reaction score
I’m going to hold onto my TSLA and AAPL for now- but man, they are both looking as ugly as I’ve ever seen them.... I guess this is what happens when you have a still-raging pandemic with no federal stimulus or help or plan for several months.
All this will correct in coming weeks/months.

on a side note - i rode in Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor performance yesterday with full auto pilot ( spoke on the EV TRuck thread )

Unreal automobile. Its just a fantastic piece of engineering.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
These and a few other stocks are those that I will hold for years.

efil4stnias

Reaction score
Link?

I mean, i hope you are right.. but seriously Shirley, what makes you confident in this statement?
The market is cyclical. In the end, its always stair stepping higher. Buy on dips, hold.

If you really lucky, you can sell when high, wait for dip and amass more shares on buying the dip.

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Pfizer news that their vaccine is 90% effective.

Pretty big news.
Wish I had bought more. They were the one vaccine company I bought and my smallest purchase this year.

I added 50% more RKT at 18.90.

Also Dow future up almost 1800!?! What is the largest one day jump?

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I had bought more. They were the one vaccine company I bought and my smallest purchase this year.

I added 50% more RKT at 18.90.

Also Dow future up almost 1800!?! What is the largest one day jump?
I'm pretty certain this is the largest 1 day jump. Not sure percentage-wise, but from total points, this should be it.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, such a big jump, I may be tempted to take profits on a few stocks. I'm sure there will be some pull back. Others are long holds..

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sold off some DFS.. debating about PFE, but I will let it ride. The rest are longer term holds.

Man, HEI popped. Like 8%, almost 9% for the class A shares.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)