The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Charlie Brizzown

Good grief
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone invest in Chinese EV market, LI, XPEV, and NIO? IMO, they are very bullish. XPEV has good ER today and up 30%. It’s up 100%+ in 2 weeks. NIO is up 150% in 1 1/2 months and LI is up 50%. LI’s ER is tomorrow and NIO’s ER is next week.
I got into NIO around $7. It’s been doing nothing but going straight up for months until Friday, that was a wild day. I’m proceeding with caution, I’m fully expecting the bottom to drop out at any moment. Starting to pull some money out of shares and move into calls and spreads. Trying to keep riding it up but limit how much I give back when it turns around.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I got into NIO around $7. It’s been doing nothing but going straight up for months until Friday, that was a wild day. I’m proceeding with caution, I’m fully expecting the bottom to drop out at any moment. Starting to pull some money out of shares and move into calls and spreads. Trying to keep riding it up but limit how much I give back when it turns around.
Andrew Left of Citron Research tweeted that NIO should be at $25 because of competition from TESLA Y series. I am not worry about it since this is a long term investment plus Left’s shorts haven’t worked out lately.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Andrew Left of Citron Research tweeted that NIO should be at $25 because of competition from TESLA Y series. I am not worry about it since this is a long term investment plus Left’s shorts haven’t worked out lately.
I had a 700% return on NIO calls.

Only problem is I sold them and it kept running and could have had a 10000% return.

If it gets back into the low 30's I'm buying stock and going long.

Charlie Brizzown

Good grief
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the company in the long term, I just think there’s going to be a pretty good pullback in the near term.

Charlie Brizzown

Good grief
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had a 700% return on NIO calls.

Only problem is I sold them and it kept running and could have had a 10000% return.

If it gets back into the low 30's I'm buying stock and going long.
That’s one of the things I struggle with the most when sitting on long calls that are gaining, when to get out.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Thinking about investing into Live Nation. The stock is nearing all time highs, they no longer have cash on hand and most of 2020 they have had negative revenue. Plus they will likely not be doing business of any signfiicance for at least a few more months and perhaps even rolling back less than current levels. Another huge perk, it's becoming increasingly likely each day that passes that customer habits have changed so much a lot of their business may never come back. I really can't see any negatives.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone invest in Chinese EV market, LI, XPEV, and NIO? IMO, they are very bullish. XPEV has good ER today and up 30%. It’s up 100%+ in 2 weeks. NIO is up 150% in 1 1/2 months and LI is up 50%. LI’s ER is tomorrow and NIO’s ER is next week.
Indirectly. I bought some PBW many months ago, and NIO is one of their top holdings.

I did my first buy in at $26.06. That's up 209+%. I added more in oct at $69.81.

It is sitting at $80.79 today.

Should have bought more in March...

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thinking about investing into Live Nation. The stock is nearing all time highs, they no longer have cash on hand and most of 2020 they have had negative revenue. Plus they will likely not be doing business of any signfiicance for at least a few more months and perhaps even rolling back less than current levels. Another huge perk, it's becoming increasingly likely each day that passes that customer habits have changed so much a lot of their business may never come back. I really can't see any negatives.
Isnt that all negatives? Confused.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
PRU was a nice pickup about a month ago. Popped on vaccine news. Went from the high 60's to high 70's, and they pay a dividend of about $1/share.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Indirectly. I bought some PBW many months ago, and NIO is one of their top holdings.

I did my first buy in at $26.06. That's up 209+%. I added more in oct at $69.81.

It is sitting at $80.79 today.

Should have bought more in March...
I got in PBW late but also have been averaged up so now my average is 71.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)