The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

So i want to invest in this company Electrify America who partnered with Love’s truck stops to place their EV charging units.. theyve also partnered with Walmart.. turns out they are a division of Volkswagen America, but in my research I’m finding it hard to ascertain whether to invest in VWAGY, or VWAPY, or another stock.. it seems convoluted.. Can anyone who has more experience in the market offer any advice?

So i want to invest in this company Electrify America who partnered with Love’s truck stops to place their EV charging units.. theyve also partnered with Walmart.. turns out they are a division of Volkswagen America, but in my research I’m finding it hard to ascertain whether to invest in VWAGY, or VWAPY, or another stock.. it seems convoluted.. Can anyone who has more experience in the market offer any advice?

No idea about them.

But, I'd seriously look at PBW - Invesco WilderHill Clean Energy ETF (PBW).

At the very least, if you want someone specific, look at their portfolio of holdings and see who would be ripe for a profit.

The fund as a whole has really taken off recently. It was playing a game of dropping a few bucks, then up a few bucks, this was when it was trading in the 30's.. but since, it has broken out pretty well.

1597856818505.png

1597856877433.png

Workhorse might be interesting, but they were a better buy a couple months ago. But, if they land the USPS, and can actually deliver, it would be huge. But a lot of hype in that market now, without actual results yet.

Workhorse might be interesting, but they were a better buy a couple months ago. But, if they land the USPS, and can actually deliver, it would be huge. But a lot of hype in that market now, without actual results yet.

I'm holding some WKHS. One of the bidders in that USPS contract recently dropped out, leaving a total of three bidders left, including WKHS. I suspect the share price has the anticipation of at least a partial USPS contract win baked in some already.

I'm holding some WKHS. One of the bidders in that USPS contract recently dropped out, leaving a total of three bidders left, including WKHS. I suspect the share price has the anticipation of at least a partial USPS contract win baked in some already.
That's why I like the ETF better, because you have a collection of winners, and can shrug off any potential losers.

No idea about them.

But, I'd seriously look at PBW - Invesco WilderHill Clean Energy ETF (PBW).

At the very least, if you want someone specific, look at their portfolio of holdings and see who would be ripe for a profit.

The fund as a whole has really taken off recently. It was playing a game of dropping a few bucks, then up a few bucks, this was when it was trading in the 30's.. but since, it has broken out pretty well.

1597856818505.png

1597856877433.png

Will check it out, thanks

I noticed something weird with TD Ameritrade. I have 2 accounts with them (an IRA and a regular trading acct). I have some duplicate positions in some of my holdings in both. When I switch back and forth, focusing on a particular stock, I don't always get the exact same price, and when I pick up shares quickly in both accts, the buy price is different.

For example, upon typing this, my regular acct shows OTRK at $68.33, and my IRA shows $67.43. Quite a bit off, imo.
Anyone else notice this? I didn't feel like waiting for 1hr to talk to a rep, hoping someone could enlighten me.

I noticed something weird with TD Ameritrade. I have 2 accounts with them (an IRA and a regular trading acct). I have some duplicate positions in some of my holdings in both. When I switch back and forth, focusing on a particular stock, I don't always get the exact same price, and when I pick up shares quickly in both accts, the buy price is different.

For example, upon typing this, my regular acct shows OTRK at $68.33, and my IRA shows $67.43. Quite a bit off, imo.
Anyone else notice this? I didn't feel like waiting for 1hr to talk to a rep, hoping someone could enlighten me.

It might be the display you're in. Some displays on TD are streaming (near real time), some are refreshed every 5 minutes, and some, I believe are refreshed every 15 minutes.

Are you looking on a device or a computer? I find the app (on a device) can get wonky with price displays if you don't log out and regularly.

It might be the display you're in. Some displays on TD are streaming (near real time), some are refreshed every 5 minutes, and some, I believe are refreshed every 15 minutes.

Are you looking on a device or a computer? I find the app (on a device) can get wonky with price displays if you don't log out and regularly.
I am switching back and forth on the same computer, same browser tab, merely using their pulldown tab at the top of my TD account to switch between the two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom