The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

I am switching back and forth on the same computer, same browser tab, merely using their pulldown tab at the top of my TD account to switch between the two.
When you're buying stock, are you setting it to buy at market price or at limit price? If it's set to buy at market (which I believe is the default setting), they will buy at whatever the price is when you place your trade. If you set it at limit, they will buy at the specific price that you set, so you can get it for exactly the price you want in each account. I never buy at market.

I have a question, So everybody knows about the Tesal stock split (I already own shares), so the deadline to purchase tesla stock for the split was on the 21st, so my question is what if you purchase Tesla post split day like on the 31st for like 2k, so on the 31st when trading starts and Tesla is trading at 400 a share do you get 5 400 dollar shares, you get you money back, like what happens?

I have a question, So everybody knows about the Tesal stock split (I already own shares), so the deadline to purchase tesla stock for the split was on the 21st, so my question is what if you purchase Tesla post split day like on the 31st for like 2k, so on the 31st when trading starts and Tesla is trading at 400 a share do you get 5 400 dollar shares, you get you money back, like what happens?

At that point the you'd end up getting five shares for $400 each.

At that point the you'd end up getting five shares for $400 each.

Ok, my question is: As I’ve mentioned here before, i bought Tesla back in 2013 for $212.. If there’s a stock split, will my shares be divided, and will i then own more shares? Or is that only for more recently purchased Tesla?

Ok, my question is: As I’ve mentioned here before, i bought Tesla back in 2013 for $212.. If there’s a stock split, will my shares be divided, and will i then own more shares? Or is that only for more recently purchased Tesla?

For every share you currently own you will receive four more come August 31.

For every share you currently own you will receive four more come August 31.

Sweet!

Since I’ve always regretted not purchasing more TSLA back then, it’ll be nice to have a few more shares.. If for no other reason than it’ll make me feel better psychologically. :)

Hey does anyone here know how to go about purchasing crypto currency? I’m specifically looking into TRON and VET.. doesnt look like theyre able to be purchased on eTrade(?)
I use Coinbase and Binance. I don't think I've seen either of those on Coinbase and Binance is not available for US customers any longer. Gemini went corporate only a while back too.

You'll have to search for those crypto assets and then go to their home site. Dig around and they'll tell you what exchanges they are on and you can research the exchanges from there.

Just looked and Coinbase says they do not support TRON or VET (VeChain).

I dug a little deeper and seems you cannot mine VeChain either and I couldn't find an exchange to buy on.

I appreciate you looking into that; i wasnt sure why i was hitting dead ends, but it seems like it’s just a convoluted mess overall.

I appreciate you looking into that; i wasnt sure why i was hitting dead ends, but it seems like it’s just a convoluted mess overall.
Might look at Kraken exchange. I'm not familiar with them, but they are pretty big so might have what you want. Gemini likely has it, but it appears they are still only for institutional investors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom