The Investment Thread (13 Viewers)

Looks like today will be a sell off / profit day. Opened at 1000, now down to 989. 1.1Million volume in the first hour.

Institutional trading on anticipated peak of trading range. Retail investors not really in play IMO

And after a week of playing just the tip, and a mini sell off, we're roaring back to $1006/share.

Hope you didn't sell. haha.
Hell no. Still holding on. Wish I could have had more

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

More Amazon news: they have broken ground on a state of the art sortation center near Mobile that could employ as many as 1000 workers at peak times.

Hell no. Still holding on. Wish I could have had more

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I know. I mean, all of my stocks have been riding the wave, but when I first started my IRA, I should have bought Amazon, instead of sticking with Mutual funds.

I only have 3 measly shares of AMZN now. Crazy how 3 shares have made me as much money as they have.

The only good news is I did add to the S&P 500 mutual fund a while back and that's up almost as much, since I re-arranged funds.

I know. I mean, all of my stocks have been riding the wave, but when I first started my IRA, I should have bought Amazon, instead of sticking with Mutual funds.

I only have 3 measly shares of AMZN now. Crazy how 3 shares have made me as much money as they have.

The only good news is I did add to the S&P 500 mutual fund a while back and that's up almost as much, since I re-arranged funds.

Yeah, I was under the impression I had to stick with mutual funds for the longest when I established this IRA. So I only have 2 and 2 of Amazon and Google (now Alphabet). I'm hoping Google eventually crosses the $1,000 per share threshold as well. But I don't see Amazon stopping anytime soon.

Yeah, I was under the impression I had to stick with mutual funds for the longest when I established this IRA. So I only have 2 and 2 of Amazon and Google (now Alphabet). I'm hoping Google eventually crosses the $1,000 per share threshold as well. But I don't see Amazon stopping anytime soon.

Google/Alphabet will get there for sure. If there's any meaningful pullback, I'm going to add some but I wouldn't be surprised if that pullback never comes. The next big tech wave is AI and that includes things like driver-less vehicles. Google is well established as the leader and that transition is still in its infancy. I really like the long-term prospects of Google (a company that many had considered to be past maturation a few years ago - fools with no vision!).

The other company poised in that space is NVDA. But they're not as well positioned long-term because the big boys could catch up to them. In the meantime, it has been gold.

I heard this morning that AMZN is approaching 70 million prime members. That's more people than own landlines in the US.

same here.

later on is when i started to "manage" my IRA with my broker ( along with personal investing ) which i didnt really think i could do. Now, my main goal is focusing on retirement instead of 1-2 year return.

I have gotten really conservative over past year though after the good run i had with Apple...then FB and Chevron. I missed the boat on both Amazon and NFLX. bigly. But now i hold 300~ of MSFT and im gonna stand pat til 65 on that.

Im just dumping cash now ( no buys ) and when i get a nice little egg, will look to buy some other stock at value. ( hopefully lolol )

Came to post the same thing. :9:

Do you think NVDA is still a good buy at its price?

On May 9 it was at $102. It's trading now at $147.

What people are doing with their chips is amazing, and they have the next generation chip has been announced and prepared for delivery.

It could go up another 15% from here - who knows. But it looks frothy to me and could easily pull back to $125 and still be within fair valuation.

On May 9 it was at $102. It's trading now at $147.

What people are doing with their chips is amazing, and they have the next generation chip has been announced and prepared for delivery.

It could go up another 15% from here - who knows. But it looks frothy to me and could easily pull back to $125 and still be within fair valuation.

Yeah. I'm going to keep an eye out on it.

I'm actually considering investing in the market with my 403(b) as well. There's a provision that allows us to with the plan who will go and set up the brokerage account for me. Of course, I would assume all of the risk, but the rewards are so much better than relying strictly on mutual funds.

There was an interesting article today blasting AMZN's P/E ratio and lack of real cash flow generation. A lot of their 'cash flow' isn't really cash, but depreciation added back in.

The author was a bit more bullish on Google and Facebook, less on Amazon and Netflix.

There was an interesting article today blasting AMZN's P/E ratio and lack of real cash flow generation. A lot of their 'cash flow' isn't really cash, but depreciation added back in.

The author was a bit more bullish on Google and Facebook, less on Amazon and Netflix.

That has always been the issue with Amazon, right? Analysts have been whining about Amazon's P/E since $500. The issue is the denominator - Amazon doesn't report big earnings. But the top-line revenue is huge and they're single-handedly transforming the way people buy just about everything.

Oh and by the way, AWS is twice as large as MS, GOOG, and IBM cloud combined.

Here comes another Amazon attempt at a smartphone. But looks to be targeting India and other EM - not a product for US release at the moment.

Two years ago Amazon put a nail in the coffin and effectively killed off its Fire smartphone. One of the biggest tech companies is working on a new lineup of smartphones codenamed Ice, the reports suggest.

Saying that the Amazon Fire phone was a big flop is an understatement. The device used Fire OS, which was a weird flavor of Android lacking Google Mobile Services, and riddled with little Amazon features. It was also very expensive taking its hardware specification as a merit, though subsequent price drops and sales made it a decent value. Users were also reporting software issues that should not really happen in a top tier device, though.

The Fire Phone carrying Amazon’s logo quickly flamed out. AT&T dropped the price from $200 to $0.99 in just two months after release. Three months after the launch, Amazon took a $170 million charge to wipe out the lost value of its unsold Fire Phones, adding that it still had $83 million in inventory at the end of that period.

Unlike the Fire Phone, which had been aimed at Western markets, Amazon plans to release its Ice smartphone in India. Considering how many cheap Chinese devices are already available in India, Amazon faces quite a bit of competition, given these OEMs operate on razor-thin margins and sport cheaper Mediatek SoCs in their devices.

We still don’t know much about the phone that is internally called the Ice. One person close to Amazon has seen the device and gave some details about its specifications. The smartphone will have a display between 5.2-inches and 5.5-inches diagonal. Other specifications of the phone include a 13-megapixel rear camera, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of internal storage. The unimpressive setup is completed with octa-core Snapdragon 435 SoC and a fingerprint scanner on the back. Surprisingly, the Amazon’s phone will not come with Fire OS, but Android 7.1.1 with Google AI Assistant and the set of Google services. The phone didn’t have Alexa on it, but this might change before the announcement. Amazon didn’t have a chance to launch its voice-activated personal assistant in India before.

The Amazon Ice, or whatever it will be called, will be announced this year, according to the report.

https://www.xda-developers.com/amazon-working-on-new-ice-smartphone/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom