The Investment Thread (10 Viewers)

What would the market cap be?

I really like SpaceX.

The docs say current valuation is $53.9B. I see a report on CNBC in July that value was $36B (per Morgan Stanley) with a base case of $50B and a bull case of $175B - near term.

But I don’t know what the shade float is.

The docs say current valuation is $53.9B. I see a report on CNBC in July that value was $36B (per Morgan Stanley) with a base case of $50B and a bull case of $175B - near term.

But I don’t know what the shade float is.

I think I remember a video of Musk saying he didn't want to take SpaceX public because his vision for the company isn't necessarily to make a profit but instead just a way to fund his dream of starting a civilization on Mars, or something like that. Who knows, things can change. Whatever the valuation is I'd get in early because it will definitely takeoff.

BYNF with a nice pop. Finally in the green again. Same with DFS.

My poor TSLA stock.. Tesla got hit today with a major hack, knocking out it’s entire electrical network, locking drivers out of their own cars.. . Before long yall might have a chance to get in on it at the same price i paid way back in 2013.. and here i thought i was ahead of the game.. I shoulda just bought freaking Bitcoin. :jpshakehead:

Sorry to hear about Tesla stock. I heard a commentary that Teslas are really for rich people who want a second car, because they take forever to get fixed. According to the report (sorry forgot where I heard this), they are not the best commuter car, due to how long it takes to fix. Thoughts?

Is Warren Buffet the best investor? The guy has a ton of cash and waiting for a large company to go into financial trouble, to buy them cheap, or is he waiting for a huge drop in the market?!?! Thoughts?

Sorry to hear about Tesla stock. I heard a commentary that Teslas are really for rich people who want a second car, because they take forever to get fixed. According to the report (sorry forgot where I heard this), they are not the best commuter car, due to how long it takes to fix. Thoughts?

Is Warren Buffet the best investor? The guy has a ton of cash and waiting for a large company to go into financial trouble, to buy them cheap, or is he waiting for a huge drop in the market?!?! Thoughts?

I’m nowhere near as smart as Buffet (maybe I’m as smart as Jimmy Buffet), so i‘d defer to his opinion... But as far as Tesla, I’d never buy one myself.. well, ‘never’ is a long time, but i like to buy ’gently used’ vehicles from Carmax after they depreciate, and i love long road trips so wouldnt like worrying about range.. Once ranges/charging stations increase, and if there were ever a glut of Teslas on the used car market, then I’d look at them... But i did feel strongly about their technology back in 2013/2014, and for a long time i was right.. So hopefully they’ll bounce back, but ive long taken issue with Musk’s antics and general flakiness, so who knows.

I’m nowhere near as smart as Buffet (maybe I’m as smart as Jimmy Buffet), so i‘d defer to his opinion... But as far as Tesla, I’d never buy one myself.. well, ‘never’ is a long time, but i like to buy ’gently used’ vehicles from Carmax after they depreciate, and i love long road trips so wouldnt like worrying about range.. Once ranges/charging stations increase, and if there were ever a glut of Teslas on the used car market, then I’d look at them... But i did feel strongly about their technology back in 2013/2014, and for a long time i was right.. So hopefully they’ll bounce back, but ive long taken issue with Musk’s antics and general flakiness, so who knows.

I like Carmax, might use them to sell my car. Selling a used vehicle is one of the most horrible experiences. One time I sold a truck and the guy was like, yeah your engine is gonna blow up....right! It's a 5 year old Ford truck, that had all it's maintenance done. The guy bought it anyways, after he said the engine was gonna blow. He either likes fixing engines, or he was lying through his teeth.

Total insanity, SPI up over 2,000% just today :eek:. I have no positions.

What happened there? Government contract?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom