The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

So, where to put money now?

Most of my stuff is in a holding pattern. I have some, about 10% in cash now. I sold off a few things that were doing well, but didn't see growing more, or had down side risk.

Where's the smart money heading the next 3-6 months?

@superchuck500 @bclemms

What's your play lately?
Assuming stimulus passes, gold and banks will be my plays. Think the banks, particularly the regional banks are the next "risk on" rally.

If Stimulus doesn't pass then better be short. I'm confident it'll pass at the last second next week but if it doesn't you can take away November's gains in a day or two. If I had to guess, it will be agreed upon just after market close next Friday.

I got crushed last month though, thought short oil was the play heading into the 2nd wave but the vaccine news coming out being twice as effective as anticipated kicked my butt. I've been on the green energy train for a long while now because the Biden win was so obvious but now I'm nervous about them, particularly the EV sector which is astronomically overvalued.

Think FedEx, UPS and Amazon are going to post earnings that blow people away in the 4th and 1st quarters and consumer behavior has been permanently changed. I do think retail will have a 2 quarter boom on the back side of the 2nd wave but it'll be kind of like the last hurrah for brick and mortar.

Hard not to love Disney even after it's big jump this morning.

I'm straddling AMC, think they will be similar to retail, if they make it that long. They'll get a big boost of pent up demand to see all the big movies that have been held back but streaming is the way of the future.

Think Johnson and Johnson is the dark horse to be the big vaccine winner after Moderna.

Still love BYND, think McDonalds joining the plant based meat isn't the negative that everyone is treating it. It tells me that the sector is ready for mainstream.

My big winner the last few months has been MED. They are a diet program that a lot of people are on, myself included. It's spreading like wildfire and is multi-level marketing based with huge profit margins. They've been out of so many food items that they have to be just killing it. It will eventually peak at some point but it's a ways away.

SHRMF has been running again after Canada legalizes shrooms for professional use. It's my biggest position in my hold and don't touch fund.

Also, anything Space related is going to be a buy and hold for a very long time. Love that sector more than anything else.

Assuming stimulus passes, gold and banks will be my plays. Think the banks, particularly the regional banks are the next "risk on" rally.

If Stimulus doesn't pass then better be short. I'm confident it'll pass at the last second next week but if it doesn't you can take away November's gains in a day or two. If I had to guess, it will be agreed upon just after market close next Friday.

I got crushed last month though, thought short oil was the play heading into the 2nd wave but the vaccine news coming out being twice as effective as anticipated kicked my butt. I've been on the green energy train for a long while now because the Biden win was so obvious but now I'm nervous about them, particularly the EV sector which is astronomically overvalued.

Think FedEx, UPS and Amazon are going to post earnings that blow people away in the 4th and 1st quarters and consumer behavior has been permanently changed. I do think retail will have a 2 quarter boom on the back side of the 2nd wave but it'll be kind of like the last hurrah for brick and mortar.

Hard not to love Disney even after it's big jump this morning.

I'm straddling AMC, think they will be similar to retail, if they make it that long. They'll get a big boost of pent up demand to see all the big movies that have been held back but streaming is the way of the future.

Think Johnson and Johnson is the dark horse to be the big vaccine winner after Moderna.

Still love BYND, think McDonalds joining the plant based meat isn't the negative that everyone is treating it. It tells me that the sector is ready for mainstream.

My big winner the last few months has been MED. They are a diet program that a lot of people are on, myself included. It's spreading like wildfire and is multi-level marketing based with huge profit margins. They've been out of so many food items that they have to be just killing it. It will eventually peak at some point but it's a ways away.

SHRMF has been running again after Canada legalizes shrooms for professional use. It's my biggest position in my hold and don't touch fund.

Also, anything Space related is going to be a buy and hold for a very long time. Love that sector more than anything else.
Would you put the major credit cards in that bank category? Discover. Visa. Amex?

I jumped into Airlines ( LUV )last month oh heels of vaccine news for domestic travel as i think that will rebound quicker than international routes.

I also grabbed Vanguard VTI fund. ( market fund )

Im just looking to ride the wave of good news with incremental increases - Still holding BYND, MSFT, T.. added to APPL and some other funds.

Dont have much cash on hand atm, but i can dump that ETF iif need be. ( im checking this thread daily for nuggets lolol )

SHRMF broke a dollar again for those in here holding it long. Canada and Oregon legalizing has put this company on center stage for the shroom movement.

SHRMF broke a dollar again for those in here holding it long. Canada and Oregon legalizing has put this company on center stage for the shroom movement.
I have SHRMF as well as MMEDF. Got into SHRMF too early and was in the red for a long time, but in the green now! Up over 100% in MMED in my roth ira...not planning on letting go of that anytime soon.

I have SHRMF as well as MMEDF. Got into SHRMF too early and was in the red for a long time, but in the green now! Up over 100% in MMED in my roth ira...not planning on letting go of that anytime soon.
Same with SHRMF...

So, is this gonna be a good wave or should I take my profit and run?

Same with SHRMF...

I have mine tucked away to hold for a very long time but I got in around 41 cents and added at 49 cents. I'd imagine quite a bit of investor and research money is giong to be flowing into that company for a long time making them most likely to be the leader in a brand new market. I can't ever blame anyone for taking profits though. Can't ever win if you don't quit while you're ahead.

MMEDF is applying for Nasdaq listing, and I think there is a future for psychedelic-based treatments, so, I am going to ride it out. I am horrible at trying to figure out how big of a wave or how long it will run, when to sell and then go back in. I rarely have gotten that right (I tried that with DAL and sold shares at a high, but caught a little bit of a falling knife going back in, panicked and sold those at a loss).

MMEDF is applying for Nasdaq listing, and I think there is a future for psychedelic-based treatments, so, I am going to ride it out. I am horrible at trying to figure out how big of a wave or how long it will run, when to sell and then go back in. I rarely have gotten that right (I tried that with DAL and sold shares at a high, but caught a little bit of a falling knife going back in, panicked and sold those at a loss).
I'm decent at technicals but with startups and developing sectors there isnt much science or reasoning to it. They just swing wildly, particularly with the daytraders.

BTC and ETH moving fast now. BTC (23.4k) blew past the ATH. I planned to but more, but waited too long using that cash to pay down debt.

Same with SHRMF...

I have mine tucked away to hold for a very long time but I got in around 41 cents and added at 49 cents. I'd imagine quite a bit of investor and research money is giong to be flowing into that company for a long time making them most likely to be the leader in a brand new market. I can't ever blame anyone for taking profits though. Can't ever win if you don't quit while you're ahead.

Our virtual Grand Rounds this morning was Roland R Griffiths, a prominent psilocybin researcher at Johns Hopkins. I missed most of it due to dealing with mice and PC computer issues, but I got to see the tail end. WOW! Great data showing effects in Major Depressive Disorder, smoking cessation, and lots of other stuff I missed. If anyone is interested, here is a link to a pubmed search for Griffiths' psilocybin publications, and if anyone wants a pdf, just let me know and I will try to download it.

PubMed Griffiths psilocybin

I am going to increase my positions in MMEDF and SHRMF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom