The Investment Thread (8 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Or a good time for me to get out? :)

I got in in early 2016 , which most of this board already knows since I WONT FORKING SHUT UP ABOUT IT lol... but yeah, i am in for the long haul..my hope is that it becomes like one of those things where it’s like ’if you had bought IBM in 1951’ or ‘if you had invested in Microsoft n 1985’.. then I’ll cash out in like 20 yrs and buy a small condo biking distance from a beach somewhere . :9:

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
I got in in early 2016 , which most of this board already knows since I WONT FORKING SHUT UP ABOUT IT lol... but yeah, i am in for the long haul..my hope is that it becomes like one of those things where it’s like ’if you had bought IBM in 1951’ or ‘if you had invested in Microsoft n 1985’.. then I’ll cash out in like 20 yrs and buy a small condo biking distance from a beach somewhere . :9:
I hear you on this, I got in late 2014 (sorry, don't mean to play "mine's bigger") and plan to hold long term. I'm starting to fear it's only a matter of time until Elon gets charged and removed from power by the SEC though. Maybe that's not a bad thing?

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you on this, I got in late 2014 (sorry, don't mean to play "mine's bigger") and plan to hold long term. I'm starting to fear it's only a matter of time until Elon gets charged and removed from power by the SEC though. Maybe that's not a bad thing?

You could be right, he always makes me nervous, and I’m honestly astonished TSLA’s taken off the way it has, i think it’s in a lot of ways in spite of him, as opposed to becuase of him.

And the only reason i love talking about my Tesla stock is becuase it’s literally the ONLY good investment I’ve ever made, so i’m ride or die with it at this point.

Reaction score
Yeah lots of red here too. Not surprising as Im just winging it with play money. But I’m learning lessons.

Trying to detect the pump and dumps.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yeah lots of red here too. Not surprising as Im just winging it with play money. But I’m learning lessons.

Trying to detect the pump and dumps.
Same her, I thought I had learned all about the pump and dumps in college, who knew I would once again be learning about it again this late in life.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I havent been able to find good info on this, but why is PBW falling? Looks like most green energy is taking a hit.

Is it the texas misinformation? Or something unrelated? There has been massive price growth across the sector. Is this profiting and correction?

UptownSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I havent been able to find good info on this, but why is PBW falling? Looks like most green energy is taking a hit.

Is it the texas misinformation? Or something unrelated? There has been massive price growth across the sector. Is this profiting and correction?
Not sure, but my battery stocks are all tanking today.

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Most of the market is taking a hit today (much like yesterday). Red everywhere.

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but green is down like 4-6%. Market is down about 1% so far.
The only thing I can see is that it's an overreaction to what those imbeciles in Texas said about green energy. Use this opportunity to buy more, if possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

• New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom