The Investment Thread (11 Viewers)

I’m playing two of the fun stocks right now (NAKD and BB). I will likely hold onto BB. They actually have a pretty good company.

I’m dying to get into some of the agricultural stocks. Specifically any company focused on biological control products.

Even the synthetic pesticide and seeds companies such as Corteva, Bayer, and BASF seem like decent buy lows right now.

Hmmm, if you own FB, this might be concerning.

Too many are still asking the question, 'How much can we get away with?' When they need to be asking, 'What are the consequences?'
What are the consequences of prioritizing conspiracy theories and violent incitement simply because of the high rates of engagement?
What are the consequences of not just tolerating but rewarding content that undermines public trust in life-saving vaccinations?
What are the consequences of seeing thousands of users joining extremist groups and then perpetuating an algorithm that recommends even more?
It is long past time to stop pretending that this approach doesn't come with a cause. A polarization of lost trust, and yes, of violence.

A social dilemma cannot be allowed to become a social catastrophe."

All it took was some gamers who decided to stop spending money on their Gacha games(Genshin Impact) and play the stock market instead.

Little misleading imho. She wasn't saying this was an attempted insurrection but that the market wasn't prepared for it just as the capital police were not prepared. I'd say that's kind of a fair assessment to be honest.
I disagreed. I took it as she was comparing the people on WSB to the people who called for insurrection on social media and someone should’ve been prepared to stop it just like the police should’ve been prepared to stop the insurrection.
IMO, this is the function of the stock market and there is nothing that needs to be stop. Let the bulls and bears sort it out.

Seems the devil is in the user agreement no one reads but all agree upon.

The user agreement on Robinhood’s website says it “may at any time, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to Me, prohibit or restrict My ability to trade securities.”

During the retail volume/volatility madness, some really good names sold off. If you made some money on those short squeeze stocks and want to go more long-term with it, there's some core holding type stocks that saw some of their premium knocked off. Apple and MS come to mind but there are others. Both of those companies just posted massive quarters.

During the retail volume/volatility madness, some really good names sold off. If you made some money on those short squeeze stocks and want to go more long-term with it, there's some core holding type stocks that saw some of their premium knocked off. Apple and MS come to mind but there are others. Both of those companies just posted massive quarters.

A friend of mine posted on FB today that one of his friends took the money he got from his totaled car that he lived in and bought GameStop stock with it a few weeks ago. He went from living in a car that he totaled to $2M. Life changer.

So do we think the retail volume/volatility will continue this week? Anybody got any insight about what the buzz is on WSB and elsewhere?

So do we think the retail volume/volatility will continue this week? Anybody got any insight about what the buzz is on WSB and elsewhere?
There are now billboards going up around the country saying things like “GME Hold” and “We like the stock”. Including expensive ones in NYC.

They are holding or like they say, diamond hands.

Interesting. What’s the value in holding a massively inflated asset? Are they planning another push at some point? I suppose it could be to support prices on option positions?

For the rank and file of this movement that are only trading shares, I think hold is risky. Everyone knows this stock is coming back to where it started. Even coming back to double where it started would be remarkable but that’s only $46.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom