The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

If anything, the pandemic is making many normal folks to finally come to the realization that they're just the grease that keeps the machine churning.
Yup, just look at the way IPOs is handled. Wall Street is telling folks that it is ok for you to lose all your money by buying stocks, options, and taking out margins but you need to have enough money in the bank or be a selected group of clients to buy IPOs because we don’t want you to lose all your money. Many of these IPOs will run up hundreds percent until lockup periods when institutions take their profits.

The New York Times attacking retail investors...

77ipvsnqjpe61.jpg

Maybe they have changed their tune.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The traders who fueled a surge in the value of GameStop may lack a unified political ideology. But they have forced a reckoning on Wall Street, and caught the attention of both Republicans like Ted Cruz and progressives like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. <a href="https://t.co/n1GhDBlfho">https://t.co/n1GhDBlfho</a></p>&mdash; The New York Times (@nytimes) <a href="">January 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So now they are buying up silver. This is a bit different tho In that the silver has an actual physical component. I'm guessing mining will have to increase but at some point is a finite resource which will get more expensive to mine right?

Curious to see what happens there

So now they are buying up silver. This is a bit different tho In that the silver has an actual physical component. I'm guessing mining will have to increase but at some point is a finite resource which will get more expensive to mine right?

Curious to see what happens there
There's speculation on the sub that the push for silver is from hedge fund plants.

RH isn’t alone in this though. I am pretty sure Ameritrade did the same thing. Likely others as well. They should all be punished for locking out the retail investors.

There's speculation on the sub that the push for silver is from hedge fund plants.
I think so too. Not sure why but I went down a wormhole to look up the physical value of gold. One of those big gold bricks that you sometimes see in movies. If it were 99.9% refined gold, each of those 370 oz bars is like 420,000 dollars.

RH isn’t alone in this though. I am pretty sure Ameritrade did the same thing. Likely others as well. They should all be punished for locking out the retail investors.

I know that TDA did lock out transactions of certain stocks (GME, AMC, etc). on and off for a few hours one morning last week, I thought they said it was a volume issue with Nasdaq, but I think that ended that day. Account access (login) was also interrupted.

But since then they don’t have any share or “sell only” restrictions like RH. They just have restrictions on credit-based transactions (margin buying, certain options trades, etc). But otherwise you can buy/sell as many shares as you want and basic/long call and put options are available.

1612186443235.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom