The Investment Thread (14 Viewers)

I’ve browsed WSB for years. Last week it went from 2M to 4M subs over 2 days. This morning it’s at 7.8M. It will become a crowdsourced pump and dump. AG is up like 75% since Thursdays talk of silver.

AMC running a bit this morning. GME is flat. Will see what happens in open.

There is a lot of talk about silver being pumped this morning. You can bet this is a divide and conquer strategy.
SLV and AMC appear to be the plays. GME looks to be taking it in the shorts an hour into trading, but as we saw last week, this can all change in a matter of hours.

SLV and AMC appear to be the plays. GME looks to be taking it in the shorts an hour into trading, but as we saw last week, this can all change in a matter of hours.

AMC hit around $16.75 not long after the market opened, but it's now below $14.

The reddit folks believe that GME is being ladder shorter to force the retail to see the number down (like you) then decide to sell.

The reddit folks are trying to hold on, to force the margin calls.

Momentum might have been completely lost when the collusion took place last week. The stock was over 500, which was causing ALL week ending options to be in the money. And people were buying up more. Since the collusion, it has limited the buying of the dip, which would stop the short ladder attack.

It boils down to who do you believe. The reddits or the hedge funds.

It boils down to how long can each side hold on. The stock is going to 0 eventually (within 10 years, but probably even within 5). The company is hemmoraging money and no real plan to stop it. So eventually the shorters will win....if they can hold on long enough to withstand the interest and calls.

It boils down to how long can each side hold on. The stock is going to 0 eventually (within 10 years, but probably even within 5). The company is hemmoraging money and no real plan to stop it. So eventually the shorters will win....if they can hold on long enough to withstand the interest and calls.
Can you share me your data that says they are hemorrhaging money? From what I read their debt is lower than their earnings. I am curious as to your data source and what else is listed in that report.

Aside from that, this is not completely about GME being a great growth company, but about The Street being over-leveraged, and the dirty tricks they play to hurt the little man. There are some who will say they think GME has a bright future but again, this is about finding a 'glitch in the matrix' and trying to exploit it.

Can you share me your data that says they are hemorrhaging money? From what I read their debt is lower than their earnings. I am curious as to your data source and what else is listed in that report.
They've shown a net loss the past 2 fiscal years in the hundreds of millions. I know those numbers are often cooked a bit to defer taxes and and whatnot. But still, not as good as showing a net income.

But more importantly, their business model looks almost exactly like Blockbuster's and they appear to have nothing in the pipe to change that. So really, I don't think it matters if they made a ton of money the past several years, if they're not ready to deal with game downloads and the abandonment of the physical game medium, they're cooked.

They've shown a net loss the past 2 fiscal years in the hundreds of millions. I know those numbers are often cooked a bit to defer taxes and and whatnot. But still, not as good as showing a net income.

But more importantly, their business model looks almost exactly like Blockbuster's and they appear to have nothing in the pipe to change that. So really, I don't think it matters if they made a ton of money the past several years, if they're not ready to deal with game downloads and the abandonment of the physical game medium, they're cooked.
Thanks for the link. Their cash flow looks messy. https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/GME/gamestop/cash-flow-statement

Yes, a business model only tied to B&M is an issue. GameStop had a guy, who started Chewy, buy his way on the board to speed up the process to convert to eCommerce model. Forbes Some believe that this was the black swan event which caused the stock to start running. This guy has a lot of eCommerce experience. Blockbuster has a chance to buy Netflix and chose to hold B&M model. Only in time will we learn if GameStop can be more Netflix or more Blockbuster.

I repeat: These recent events are not tied to the GameStop business model. The hedges will say it is, but they to short the company over 100% is technically illegal but they get away with it. Now people are fighting here. It has been fascinating to watch and cannot wait for the 30 for 30.

Looks like Etoro, outside North America, trading app, has put in stops on peoples' GME positions, without the people knowledge. And we are not talking options / leverage but straight shares.

Thanks for the link. Their cash flow looks messy. https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/GME/gamestop/cash-flow-statement

Yes, a business model only tied to B&M is an issue. GameStop had a guy, who started Chewy, buy his way on the board to speed up the process to convert to eCommerce model. Forbes Some believe that this was the black swan event which caused the stock to start running. This guy has a lot of eCommerce experience. Blockbuster has a chance to buy Netflix and chose to hold B&M model. Only in time will we learn if GameStop can be more Netflix or more Blockbuster.

I repeat: These recent events are not tied to the GameStop business model. The hedges will say it is, but they to short the company over 100% is technically illegal but they get away with it. Now people are fighting here. It has been fascinating to watch and cannot wait for the 30 for 30.

You can buy digital games from GameStop now. But why would you when you can buy them directly on the console? Unless they find some innovative way to deliver the content that gamers want, I don't see them overcoming that. I mean, they could come up with a subscription model (like the MS GamePass) that provides a library of content plus new games monthly, but that's a big step beyond what they're doing today. And MS and Sony already have stores built into the console.

You can buy digital games from GameStop now. But why would you when you can buy them directly on the console? Unless they find some innovative way to deliver the content that gamers want, I don't see them overcoming that. I mean, they could come up with a subscription model (like the MS GamePass) that provides a library of content plus new games monthly, but that's a big step beyond what they're doing today. And MS and Sony already have stores built into the console.

The PS5 I bought in November :cool: is the digital only version because I only ever buy from the Playstation store. It's nice being able to download a highly anticipated game at midnight and not have to worry about walking into a store to make a purchase with the hope that the game is still in stock.

Newb question: what happens to a stock if the company goes bankrupt?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom