The Investment Thread (13 Viewers)

GME down to $175 in extended.

How the hell can it go up when nearly all the platforms are restricting buying for retail traders. It's really criminal what is going on.

Also the media is reporting that 'reddit' is on the silver play, but that is truly fake news, nearly very post in WSB is talking about how sliver is NOT their play and the media is running the story regardless.

Also the media is reporting that 'reddit' is on the silver play, but that is truly fake news, nearly very post in WSB is talking about how sliver is NOT their play and the media is running the story regardless.

See this article from 2014, which talks about how the media is involved in this type of behavior. This behavior is nothing new.

Thoughts on GME and consoles:

TLDR: Close 2/3 of stores, create a community at remaining stores, file antitrust lawsuit to break into digital on consoles.

I can see these digital only consoles and Sony/Microsoft digital stores getting hit with antitrust lawsuits similar to the App Store. Physical copies are often cheaper than digital and yet PSN raked in some 12B in 2019. Even with disc consoles costing more upfront, disc-consoles accounted for 75% of sales for PS5 and Xbox. High volume gamers know discs are cheaper and the usable hard drive space for non-disc consoles gets eaten up by just a couple of AAA games. There is also a collectors desire for physical media.

GME should partner with someone like Epic games and some small game companies to both file antitrust cases and build out a digital app for PS5/Xbox. Short term, they need to close stores and rethink what they want out of their B&M post-Covid.

My tabletop game store pulled out shelves for tables years ago. It meant less inventory on hand but created space for community building. It built a community where people would throw money in a tip jar or buy games in the B&M out of loyalty to the store even if they were cheaper online.

I could see GME closing 2/3 of their B&M while looking for cheaper/larger space in metro areas where they could start building local communities. Start running tournaments. Put together age groups. Do a after school teen hang with consoles. Do a late night 18+ Madden night once a month. Negotiate with game companies for early release, in-store demos. If streamers and youtubers get early access, why not GME.

Post-Covid they can only survive if they become a 3rd space while figuring out how to break into digital. There are 5 Gamestops in Kenner, Metairie, and New Orleans when 1-2 quality locations with 5 stores worth of stock and space for community-building would pay off so much more.

Last edited:
Im reading they are still holding the stock and the “short ladder” attacks will end on Wednesday. with that being said, are the hedge fund groups not exposing themselves more with the buy/sell, buy/sell attacks?

How the hell can it go up when nearly all the platforms are restricting buying for retail traders. It's really criminal what is going on.

I know that RH is but what other ones?

The major ones like TD-Ameritrade, E-Trade, and Interactive Brokers only have limits on credit-based trades (margin). But funded stock buys and basic call/put options are unrestricted.

I saw that on Reddit.

I don't have any problems with concept of short selling. I do have a problem with lying about a company and sabotaging a company to make profits this way, stealing the money of the casual investor and potentially submarining a legitimate business and making its employees unemployed.

I think that's why the Citron dude said they weren't going to publish short papers anymore. He didn't say they wouldn't take short positions, but seems he's realizing (or at least giving lip service) to the idea that a short campaign (as opposed to simply being short and not publicizing your short thesis) is potentially quite harmful.

So I've got a bit in AMC, NOK and BB. Those stocks pretty much have not moved from about 5-6 days when I bought in.

I've also sent more funds to my account, although it looks like they won't land until 1pm on Wednesday, New York time, which is a nuisance.

The question is - do I buy GME? I support the cause so I'm happy to buy and hold. If I lose, so be it. Of course, if the price keeps going south I might have enough spare cash in my account to buy at least one share before the funds arrive.

It's just hard to sort the reality from the BS on WSB. I can't tell if the gravy train is about to arrive or if it's already departed and the stock is in freefall.

EDIT: also I think I mixed my metaphors there, but anyway, you get the idea.

97cd48c465a7b0ba89c89cb72af332a43b5249e7.jpg

So I've got a bit in AMC, NOK and BB. Those stocks pretty much have not moved from about 5-6 days when I bought in.

I've also sent more funds to my account, although it looks like they won't land until 1pm on Wednesday, New York time, which is a nuisance.

The question is - do I buy GME? I support the cause so I'm happy to buy and hold. If I lose, so be it. Of course, if the price keeps going south I might have enough spare cash in my account to buy at least one share before the funds arrive.

It's just hard to sort the reality from the BS on WSB. I can't tell if the gravy train is about to arrive or if it's already departed and the stock is in freefall.

EDIT: also I think I mixed my metaphors there, but anyway, you get the idea.
i have no idea but I have heard good things about BB long term.

NOK is a good long term buy also. They are one of the leaders in 5G at the moment and also scored a contract with NASA to put a 4G LTE network on the moon before 2022.

I haven't kept up with the company, but I think their ship has sailed unless they are finding a way to reinvent themselves. They originated in my hometown and I know a lot of people that worked there, once they got bullied out of the smartphone market by Apple the company kind of collapsed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom