The Investment Thread (12 Viewers)

There’s always two sides to every trade, even the big players. There were hedge funds long on GME and AMC.

Were they hedging the hedge? Expecting a short squeeze?

Nope, they saw a contrarian view of the company: that it actually could have a future if it properly managed an evolution in its business . . . and they got it cheap. So they were basically long Gamestop.

Lucky, I've been trying to get in recently but my Binance account is still pending verification :(
Binance US doesn't support Louisiana. Go with Coinbase, Kraken, or even PayPal would be my advice. I have an overseas binance created before the changes. Still can't find a us exchange to move 3 of the coins I've got left on it.

Just trade a bitcoin stock vs all the complexity of actually owning bitcoins.

The bitcoin stock I own (GTBC) has exactly mirrored the rise and fall of the bitcoin price.

Last edited:
Nope, they saw a contrarian view of the company: that it actually could have a future if it properly managed an evolution in its business . . . and they got it cheap. So they were basically long Gamestop.
I wouldn't touch Gamestop at just under $100. That is a dead stock as they have closed down or in the process of closing down 450 stores nationwide. Sounds like another Sears to me. Only a matter of time.

I would consider AMC as they have a shot post covid-19 to not only survive, but thrive. Everybody will be going to the movies once this is over. So if it goes somewhere around $6, I think I'll jump in.

GameStop hired a new CTO (former lead engineer for Amazon AWS) and have already formed a multi-year partnership with Microsoft. They seem to be serious about staying relevant.

This is just me thinking out loud, but imagine if they could create a digital storefront that would allow users to legally trade or sell the licenses of the digital games they already purchased.

uu9pmDP.gif

all the complexity of actually owning bitcoins.
Ok boomer

Seriously though, there's many more things you can do on the exchanges you can't with stocks. DeFi is set to revolutionize currency and you can get in really cheap there now.

Ok boomer

Seriously though, there's many more things you can do on the exchanges you can't with stocks. DeFi is set to revolutionize currency and you can get in really cheap there now.
I hear ya.

I'm mainly talking to the casual investor who wants to get into bitcoin as easily as possible.

Just trade a bitcoin stock vs all the complexity of actually owning bitcoins.

The bitcoin stock I own (GTBC) has exactly mirrored the rise and fall of the bitcoin price.
I'd prefer to actually have the coins in my possession rather than have someone else watch them for me (already bought the cold storage wallet). Plus, I'm interested in more than just speculation and might want to actually use them for transactions at some point.

Binance US doesn't support Louisiana. Go with Coinbase, Kraken, or even PayPal would be my advice. I have an overseas binance created before the changes. Still can't find a us exchange to move 3 of the coins I've got left on it.
Good point, though I'm currently a Pennsylvania resident (which is supported). If it takes much longer though to get verified, I might try Coinbase and bite the bullet on the higher transaction fees.

Trying to reach Fidelity support within the first hour of the market opening...

1chgrp.jpg

I just went all in on PINS today for the report. It's pretty flat in the lead up so thought I'd pull the trigger. I have a good feeling about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom