The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

The sell off today is real. I was up 9% this morning and now I am at 1% (luckily I’m not in the red). Perhaps the sugar rush of Yellen’s comments from Monday have worn off.
I think it is the market makers pushing it down, as they were going to get hammered by ITM calls this week. I do not believe this is a greater market sell off.

I think it is the market makers pushing it down, as they were going to get hammered by ITM calls this week. I do not believe this is a greater market sell off.
I hope so....

Still up a bit on NSPX and TSOI, but it's only because they were so parabolic prior. Seem to be holding at a floor so more are buying in when the price is right.

LMAO so my financial adviser literally just called me.

When i called this am at 9, he confused GSAT with some Canadian co ( works for large brokerage so not everything on radar )

Anyway, he did some due dilligence and called to let me know he too ( personally ) purchased GSAT based on his research this morning

Plus we both live/work in Covington, so showing some love for a local company feels right.

Thanks for the tip Cali!

Went hard today on a couple thousand shares of XSPA, which is the most shorted company on the market, as of the latest short report from Fintel (yesterday).

I like XSPA's outlook a lot, as they have pivoted their business model from being about make-up and manicure services, to now being a provider of COVID-19 airport screening services, and have already started the process of forming partnerships with multiple airlines. If and when Biden (or whoever) mandates COVID screenings at airport, this stock could explode, especially once you factor in the level of shorts that will get squeezed if it continues to uptick.

It is currently priced at $2.73 after hours. This is going to be a worldwide necessity. Hell, even typing about it is enticing me to throw more dollars at it.

6YRpQ0M.jpg

ZjuiqB9.png

Went hard today on a couple thousand shares of XSPA, which is the most shorted company on the market, as of the latest short report from Fintel (yesterday).

I like XSPA's outlook a lot, as they have pivoted their business model from being about make-up and manicure services, to now being a provider of COVID-19 airport screening services, and have already started the process of forming partnerships with multiple airlines. If and when Biden (or whoever) mandates COVID screenings at airport, this stock could explode, especially once you factor in the level of shorts that will get squeezed if it continues to uptick.

It is currently priced at $2.73 after hours. This is going to be a worldwide necessity. Hell, even typing about it is enticing me to throw more dollars at it.

6YRpQ0M.jpg

ZjuiqB9.png
I recall owning a few thousand shares of xspa last year as they were being pumped up (I believe it was around the time of either the pumping of Luckyn or GNUS), either way, I sold off over time and now looking at your post I am kicking myself.

Opinions on Carnival Cruise lines as a semi hold? Currently around $20. I realize stock was diluted recently and it probably won't get to back $70 but $40 to $45 seems possible. They seem to have lots of cash stashed.

Glass half full:

Boats back in water starting in April. Pent up demand. More people vaccinated. Older crowd more likely to be vaccinated. $35 plus by end of 2021. $45 plus end of 2022.

Glass half empty :

More restrictive cruising with way less boats. People don't want to wear masks on a cruise but will likely be required. Still a pitre dish for covid. Falls back to $10.

I recall owning a few thousand shares of xspa last year as they were being pumped up (I believe it was around the time of either the pumping of Luckyn or GNUS), either way, I sold off over time and now looking at your post I am kicking myself.

Still a good time to get back in I believe. Obviously not exactly sure when you sold off, but odds are, you sold it at a point similar to or less than where it is now, prior to them taking their business in a new direction. Don't think you've missed out on much to be honest.

So many random stocks being pumped since the end of December. I was just typing in random letters and looking at various stocks.

Opinions on Carnival Cruise lines as a semi hold? Currently around $20. I realize stock was diluted recently and it probably won't get to back $70 but $40 to $45 seems possible. They seem to have lots of cash stashed.

Glass half full:

Boats back in water starting in April. Pent up demand. More people vaccinated. Older crowd more likely to be vaccinated. $35 plus by end of 2021. $45 plus end of 2022.

Glass half empty :

More restrictive cruising with way less boats. People don't want to wear masks on a cruise but will likely be required. Still a pitre dish for covid. Falls back to $10.
I'm a newbie investor and had CCL spring-summer last year and got out with ~25% gain. I am pessimistic on that industry as a whole, I just don't see it bouncing back super strong anytime soon, but I think lost of investors might be more optimistic, which might help drive the price up...Also, I am the type of person who has never once wanted to go on a CCL-type cruise, so my thoughts might be a bit biased.

So many random stocks being pumped since the end of December. I was just typing in random letters and looking at various stocks.

It's crazy. This market looks like a frothy top, the kind of irrational behavior where almost everything makes money - and somethings make lots of money for no reason. Those are usually good indicators of a very late bull rally.

At some point it becomes too precarious, but with hopes of Covid getting under control and a new round of stimulus, getting defensive now probably leaves too much on the table. So everyone just keeps on going for now.

It's crazy. This market looks like a frothy top, the kind of irrational behavior where almost everything makes money - and somethings make lots of money for no reason. Those are usually good indicators of a very late bull rally.

At some point it becomes too precarious, but with hopes of Covid getting under control and a new round of stimulus, getting defensive now probably leaves too much on the table. So everyone just keeps on going for now.
7B5FF2AD-82CD-4C85-8F6B-F58E589743FF.jpeg
Like this random one. I’m sure there is some article somewhere that says it’s the next best thing. Up 31x since November.

I was texting back and forth with a buddy of mine about stocks and he misspelled a word, I typed in those random letters thinking he was referring to a stock, not knowing he had simply misspelled “sold”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom