The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
AMC up 11% as well
Don't fall for it just yet. I have been tracking these both very closely, daily, more so AMC since I have a heavy stake in it...the general pattern when they're walking it back is to pump it in the morning by closing shorts, then around lunch time, re-initiate the short-selling/short laddering to drive it down.

They then drive it back up slightly again, then have it barcode for the next 2 to 3 hours, before finally tanking it back down at about 2:00 central.

Maybe it's different today and this thing may have indeed bottomed out yesterday, but I have my doubts. I think this is all about them trying to shake paper-hands by forcing panic-sells, while also trying to ward off inexperienced new buyers that just got their stimulus payments and may not truly understand the game being played right now and simply sees a stock tanking, frustrating them and discouraging them from re-entering.

I must admit, if I had a multi-billion dollar institution set to be on the brink of major losses, this would be one of the strategies I'd deploy to try to mitigate at least some of the loss that inevitably must come. It wouldn't surprise me if they're also doing this to acquire some more long shares as well for their hedge position, so they can ride the wave of their own mistake upward slightly more as well.

I also would not necessarily mind resorting to illegal tactics if I had to, because the amount of money they're set to lose, to me, is definitely "Take a charge and short prison term if I have to in order to mitigate even just a portion of my losses" money.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
GME and AMC up 31% and 21% now respectively. Fully expecting some type of Hedge games around lunch.
Yep...the dip just started. Been trading in the $10.85 to $11.00 range all this time, and right on cue, just as people are getting ready to leave their cubicles and look at their phone apps, the price drop begins. $10.49 now and counting (downward). So predictable.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In the GME earnings report yesterday they dedicated a section to a looming short squeeze and warned potential investors to not buy in during the squeeze as there may be a sharp decline after it tops out.

I think GME and AMC investments (whether it’s puts, calls, options, shares, whatever) should only be with money that you could afford to lose. Just especially with these two as you never know what’s gonna happen. GME could be $500 a share in two weeks or $50.
That's why it is important to get in early with AMC. My cost basis is $9.02, which is coincidentally where we closed yesterday.

I like the current price levels because even without the squeeze, with theaters re-opening, this stock should level out slightly above this at some point.

I really don't like GME though...too much to lose there, with minimal gain. To me, at this stage, 15 shares of AMC holds far more upside and far less downside value than 1 share of GME, so AMC is the one to load up on.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One thing I would like to chime in with, as it relates some to the Motley Fool and other many and numerous pay for investment tips/touts.

Never ever have been a fan of pay/subscribe for investment advice services. It is no less than paying for so called, “expert sports wagering tips”. If they all were so confident in their OWN analysis, they would simply invest/bet their own money. Instead, they USE everyone else’s money from those that pay into their services.

Read, study, run test filters with charts and invest on your own knowledge. It is far more rewarding.
And paper trade your strategy.

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Retail investors already won but didn't realize it because their main goal wasn't to win, it was for others to lose. I mean, they took a $2 stock to $450 and didn't realize they won.
If I had any sizable stake in a $2 stock that ran to $450 I'd have punched out and be pondering my next move...in Fiji

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One thing I would like to chime in with, as it relates some to the Motley Fool and other many and numerous pay for investment tips/touts.

Never ever have been a fan of pay/subscribe for investment advice services. It is no less than paying for so called, “expert sports wagering tips”. If they all were so confident in their OWN analysis, they would simply invest/bet their own money. Instead, they USE everyone else’s money from those that pay into their services.

Read, study, run test filters with charts and invest on your own knowledge. It is far more rewarding.
Obviously this is coming with semi-biased lenses, but what I have learned over this AMC/GME saga is that the Motley Fool is a pumper/dumper, with their own self-interests at heart with their pieces. They're bought. It is crystal clear to me that they've been tasked to put out hit pieces on certain stocks, by someone.

Literally every day, hit pieces on the same stocks, even after good days. During the process of AMC climbing 150% in this past month month, they were one of the main ones yelling "SELL! It's going down to a $.01!!!" to anyone that would listen. It's become a running joke among the Investment Facebook group I am a part of and other message boards I read.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
Opened a couple soft positions on the NASDAQ dip this morning. If it starts dipping again between now and next week I'll just double down. I don't see this volatility continuing for much longer.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If I had any sizable stake in a $2 stock that ran to $450 I'd have punched out and be pondering my next move...in Fiji
You?!

The very moment this stock reaches those levels, this will be me, even if I am in the middle of a meeting.

In all seriousness though, if/when this stock reaches those levels, that is definitely "go home immediately" worthy, not just because of the financial security you'd now have, but also to literally just be there to stare at the screen and manage the money as far as position closing/potential re-entry, etc.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since the Dome is now sponsored by Caesars, I thought I'd look at that stock.

From $6 to $86 in 6 months.

Why has this shot up so significantly esp compared to Wynn and MGM??
Guessing acquisitions, along with sports gambling becoming legalized and more accepted among leagues. They're taking over. Definitely a position worth holding in a diversified portfolio looking for steady long term growth.

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Terrence

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well GME is having a good morning so far, green and climbing the ladder.
I the weekly max pain is about $160, so expect the price to close near there on Friday. /remind me in 1.5 days.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously this is coming with semi-biased lenses, but what I have learned over this AMC/GME saga is that the Motley Fool is a pumper/dumper, with their own self-interests at heart with their pieces. They're bought. It is crystal clear to me that they've been tasked to put out hit pieces on certain stocks, by someone.

Literally every day, hit pieces on the same stocks, even after good days. During the process of AMC climbing 150% in this past month month, they were one of the main ones yelling "SELL! It's going down to a $.01!!!" to anyone that would listen. It's become a running joke among the Investment Facebook group I am a part of and other message boards I read.
I used to read the fool fairly regularly (10+ years ago), and they've been doing this forever. Hardly new. I think you're reading a bit too much into those "hit pieces". You can find similar commentary from a lot of other sources. I wouldn't be relying on a sole source of investing commentary to make my investing decisions in any case. Of course, ymmv.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I used to read the fool fairly regularly (10+ years ago), and they've been doing this forever. Hardly new. I think you're reading a bit too much into those "hit pieces". You can find similar commentary from a lot of other sources. I wouldn't be relying on a sole source of investing commentary to make my investing decisions in any case. Of course, ymmv.
Yep...I do my own work, and I am always mining for info from others. Admittedly, a lot of that is a thirst for confirmation bias, but I typically follow that up with verifying the DD on my own.

Reaction score
That's why it is important to get in early with AMC. My cost basis is $9.02, which is coincidentally where we closed yesterday.

I like the current price levels because even without the squeeze, with theaters re-opening, this stock should level out slightly above this at some point.

I really don't like GME though...too much to lose there, with minimal gain. To me, at this stage, 15 shares of AMC holds far more upside and far less downside value than 1 share of GME, so AMC is the one to load up on.
That’s probably true. I will not be long in GME. I’m betting on a squeeze. Although GME bring on Ryan Cohen may give some strong hope to those truly long on GME.

I bought in on AMC at 9 and sold out at 14.Broke even a way because I doubled my position on GME. Which has dropped since.

Edit. Jesus is GME is violent in every direction. Just erased a 33% single day drop to burying those loses the next day with a +53%.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom