The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Red line is AMC. Green gme. Brother stocks again. KOSS also looks similar.
Yep, I usually keep the live charts of GME, KOSS, and AMC up on my browser. A lot of times, you can get free previews of what’s to come in a few minutes on AMC by watching those.

EXPR, BB, SNDL and BBBY have also been tracking similarly, however lately they seem to be breaking off the pattern of the big 3 so called “meme stocks.”

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think the next “Big Short” movie will be even nuttier than the first. But obviously the sides reversed this time.

I’m shorting this share. Someone gets that shorted share. That someone else shorts it too. (Now that 1 share is owned by 2 different people who are both shorting it). That shorted share gets sent down stream and shorted again.

Now 3 different institutions are responsible for the same share. All 3 if margin called need to deliver an actual share.

Now, add greed. This simulation has been prolonged for years. A company only issued 70 million shares. Inside shareholders own 20 million of that. Retail owns more shares than anyone can comprehend.

And hedges own 150+ million shares. Doesn’t add up.
So you're shorting the the reddit stocks? Bold strategy let's see if it pays off.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
For those that are interested in travel, is this the perfect time for CUK and I can have a Princess with that or is the CCL the safer bet? This is regarding Carnival Cruise Lines, CUK is the cheaper option but seems like you get more Positions with CUK.

Reaction score
For those that are interested in travel, is this the perfect time for CUK and I can have a Princess with that or is the CCL the safer bet? This is regarding Carnival Cruise Lines, CUK is the cheaper option but seems like you get more Positions with CUK.
A travel stock I like but have no positions in is Air Canada. Almost the same share price as CUK. Canada has no plans to limit immigration any time soon.

itztime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Space Stock, lot of chatter here of late. Anyone jump in on the ETF ARKX, its not sky rocketing but is not spiraling down either. Also, I read that Elon Musk said that Space X would be priced for the retail investor when it goes public.

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
Coinbase does have high transaction fee rates (which I'm assuming is where the majority of their revenue comes from). Those will probably have to come down as other exchanges catch up with Coinbase's functionality and user base.

Reaction score
Coinbase does have high transaction fee rates (which I'm assuming is where the majority of their revenue comes from). Those will probably have to come down as other exchanges catch up with Coinbase's functionality and user base.
Almost all the exchanges have high fees.

Has anyone made money off XRP? The price has tripled the past week or so. I'm sitting on a few. Had an issue with a large transaction before it went up and it failed. Lost out on a few hundred $... meh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom