The Investment Thread (10 Viewers)

Not sure I understand why GME is on the rise again... it looks like the outstanding short interest has dropped significantly?

This market is depressing. Even stocks with positive catalysts are being dragged down.

This market is depressing. Even stocks with positive catalysts are being dragged down.
In fairness, the markets are up double digit gains in the last year which correlates with one of the worst economic periods in US history so a little red here and there is hardly something to complain about.

My TSLA put that I bought when TSLA was $900 is for $680 and mid April expiration. I'm up a substantial amount of money. If TSLA breaks support at $620 the option price will double again. No idea what to do. It's not like a stock where I can trim positions and take profit. I could straddle and buy some stock at that point but I'm kind of lost. I've never had a single option with this much value.

Last edited:
In fairness, the markets are up double digit gains in the last year which correlates with one of the worst economic periods in US history so a little red here and there is hardly something to complain about.

My TSLA put that I bought when TSLA was $900 is for $580 and mid April expiration. I'm up a substantial amount of money. If TSLA breaks support at $620 the option price will double again. No idea what to do. It's not like a stock where I can trim positions and take profit. I could straddle and buy some stock at that point but I'm kind of lost. I've never had a single option with this much value.

I'm aware. I still think it sucks.

I sold my Tesla shares at around $450. I took my gains and hopped off that rollercoaster. Not sure if I will hop back on or not. Elon is too unpredictable with his tweets.

My TSLA put that I bought when TSLA was $900 is for $680 and mid April expiration. I'm up a substantial amount of money. If TSLA breaks support at $620 the option price will double again. No idea what to do. It's not like a stock where I can trim positions and take profit. I could straddle and buy some stock at that point but I'm kind of lost. I've never had a single option with this much value.
Depends upon your conviction.
I would take the profits. When you bought it has been a ride, where you were in the money bigly, then not, now again...and TSLA has shown that puts normally do not work. You could take and look for another entry before then, if that is your conviction.

Depends upon your conviction.
I would take the profits. When you bought it has been a ride, where you were in the money bigly, then not, now again...and TSLA has shown that puts normally do not work. You could take and look for another entry before then, if that is your conviction.

Since there's time remaining on the put, he'd probably be better off holding until it expires. There is some risk exposure still, but other options can trim some of that risk.

This is it, ive had enough of this roller coaster.. I’m getting ready to SELL OFF EVERYTHING... the TSLA, the BTC, the AAPL and even the CHWY.. and I’m just gonna stash all the money under my mattress.. Someone talk me off the ledge.

This is it, ive had enough of this roller coaster.. I’m getting ready to SELL OFF EVERYTHING... the TSLA, the BTC, the AAPL and even the CHWY.. and I’m just gonna stash all the money under my mattress.. Someone talk me off the ledge.

Its a roller coaster if you watch it daily/weekly.

Take the app off your phone, stop checking this thread and see me in 6 months. That roller coaster becomes more " slow rolling hills".

If you were looking to make $$$$ short term, then its a problem. If you were looking to hold for over a year, relax. Shoot buy more. lol

inflationary pressures, bond yields, sentiment is all weighing down the market.

Yeah it does suck because im down about 5% of where i was just 8 days ago. pretty large sum. But when i look at my performance in a span of a year, 2 etc. Its a steady climb. When you start looking at less than 1 year, you see the peaks and valleys - some steeper than others- but it always seems to level off and the climb continues, only this time from a higher elevation than the last ( stair-stepping )

My investment strategy changed this year- accumulation of dividend paying stocks and i have been slowly adding AAPL, MSFT, T, LUV and a few others with some speculative plays in GSAT and BB. Regardless, these will all be LOOONG holds for me.

I have no intention to retire in the next 10 years anyway....so i dont need the market to return 20% annually- i just need to make the right plays to maximize my returns. I do that with help from my advisor and here ( ive gotten several great plays here over the last 3-4 years - CRM, WYNN, AMZN )

2 months from now this thread will probably be different lol. ( hopefully BETTER different lol )

Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Invest wisely.

You won't get much interest at all. In fact, due to inflation you definitely lose value on cash under the mattress. A savings acct is only slightly better and still major value depreciation.

Maybe find a good dividend stock and just put it there and let it ride.

My investment strategy changed this year- accumulation of dividend paying stocks and i have been slowly adding AAPL, MSFT, T, LUV and a few others with some speculative plays in GSAT and BB. Regardless, these will all be LOOONG holds for me.

My portfolio doesn't focus on dividend paying stocks, but I do like watching Joseph Carlson's YouTube channel where he updates his "passive income" portfolio on M1 Finance each week. M1 allows you to share your portfolio so you can see what dividend paying stocks he is investing in on a week to week basis.

I can't talk you out of it just like I can't talk myself into investing in almost anything.

Stock markets are at record highs and price evaluations aren't far behind in most sectors. There is SO much money being dumped into the economy from the Federal Government that it pushes upward pressure on everything and it has been that way for some time now. I think the forecast for travel stocks is so far beyond even the most optimistic forecasts and want to invest in anything travel related but the prices are already so high it's all been factored in. Every possible piece of good news for the next 12 months is factored in with none of the downside risks.

This may be the new normal and I may be on the outside looking in where everyone makes a ton of free money no matter what. If that is the case then so be it.

I'm mostly in cash and looking at land. The stocks I am holding are long, long plays that will turn speculative at some point but haven't been driven up yet. I made money on the run but not nearly as much as most. I'd love to short a whole bunch of stuff but scared to short anything in this "stocks should only go up" attitude and punishing environment for shorts. I'm not willing to risk everything I own to make a smart educated play because games are being played. I'm not mad about it, more power to the reddit players. I'm just not going to be a part of it at the moment. I did pick up some gold stocks this morning. Thinking it is close to a bottom before the inflation starts to tick up in a few months when real recovery gets rolling.

Ironically, I'm very optimistic about recovery and very optimistic pent up demand is about to hit like a tsunami but don't want to invest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom