The Investment Thread (4 Viewers)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Rumors that Amazon was looking into offering a live TV package as well, have now been confirmed.

Amazon creating live TV package - Business Insider
The rumor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201975120

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/2017/05/23/amazon-prime-now-let-you-watch-tv-live/102046756/

confirmed.

No details on the pricing or offereings yet.

With Amazon getting into this arena, pushing the boundaries on retail, cloud services, etc. I really do wonder how large they can grow. As long as they keep their laser focus on customer service, speed and cost, I think they can do a lot.

I'm very glad I was able to buy a few shares a while back while it was trading in the $700's... or course, I wish I did this a year or two before when they were in the $400-500 range. Wow.

Today they hit $998/share ad are now hovering around $996.

Reaction score
COIN back down to $326... maybe worth buying a couple shares before it absolutely blows up?
I'm struggling to think of why I'd buy Coinbase stock rather than just buy BTC or ETH. Of course, I have a retirement plan with professionally managed funds where my serious mkt exposure lies. I just let them figure out how to best allocate that. I just see a higher potential in the coins since Coinbase is at IPO and I worry about it crashing quite a bit due to the euphoria around the last 1/4 numbers.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm struggling to think of why I'd buy Coinbase stock rather than just buy BTC or ETH. Of course, I have a retirement plan with professionally managed funds where my serious mkt exposure lies. I just let them figure out how to best allocate that. I just see a higher potential in the coins since Coinbase is at IPO and I worry about it crashing quite a bit due to the euphoria around the last 1/4 numbers.

Im thinking that a good reason to buy is b/c Coinbase is the easiest, and i believe the most popular way to buy ETH and BTC... kinda like if you went back a hundred years or two, and could invest in actual US currency , would be like buying BTC or equivalent today.. a no-brainer.. yet being able to buy shares in say, JP Morgan Chase , or whatever it was called back then, would be akin to bring Coinbase today and would also be a pretty good investment.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Im thinking that a good reason to buy is b/c Coinbase is the easiest, and i believe the most popular way to buy ETH and BTC... kinda like if you went back a hundred years or two, and could invest in actual US currency , would be like buying BTC or equivalent today.. a no-brainer.. yet being able to buy shares in say, JP Morgan Chase , or whatever it was called back then, would be akin to bring Coinbase today and would also be a pretty good investment.
Market cap of coinbase is already valued close to many of the big banks.

Reaction score
DogeCoin is nuts. Wow. Up 54% in 24 hours.

Five years ago it was $0.00024. If you put$1,400 into it five years ago you would have just over 1 million dollars

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Five years ago it was $0.00024. If you put$1,400 into it five years ago you would have just over 1 million dollars

Awesome, now do ‘What is the next DogeCoin?’ for $0.00024, Alex.

Reaction score

If you had 1400 to put into DogeCoin 5 years ago, it's likely you don't need the money it made.

Reaction score
At some point do we rename this the 'gambling thread'? ;)
I was fully prepared to lose every dime I've put into crypto. That's why I've let it ride as long as I have and didn't panic sell when it crashed to 50% of what I'd put in. In fact, slowly added small additional buys while it was down.

So yeah, it is pretty much gambling the way I look at it. But that's not much different than the stock market to me.

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
I pay attention to more of this stuff now. Sometimes they dog something to increase their own position. And sometimes they hype things up to create an exit strategy.
So true, there's a ton of self-interested propaganda out there. Even if someone is being honest with their analysis, they probably have investments in the companies they like and don't invest in ones they don't, and therefore have a bias. To get truthful, unbiased investment analysis you'd probably have to go to someone without any investments of their own.

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, what should I invest the $0.05 I received in an actual check from Capital One yesterday? Yes, they sent me a check for $0.05. I deposited it today out of spite...

Reaction score
So, what should I invest the $0.05 I received in an actual check from Capital One yesterday? Yes, they sent me a check for $0.05. I deposited it today out of spite...
If you don’t have commission fees. Then $BOTY

Unrelated
Implied volatility (IV) for GME tomorrow is going insane. Looks like it could be a violent day. Hopefully up.

Reaction score
Doge at 0.27. Crazy. What crazy investment times we are in. From the short squeeze meme stocks, to pot stocks, to the tech stocks, to cyptos going through the roof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom